1486 tach not working

i guess its data with knob its not like my 966 with tach and hour meter in one round gauge and its not like ole 5088 that was all digital it has a knob at top left and separated hour meter at bottom 

Okay...so yours looks like this...as you can see, there is RPM, Road Speed, and 1000rpm PTO speed.

Does your light up at all? Does the hour meter count up at all?  I'll see if I can find a wiring diagram around here... 

If you aren't experienced at chasing wires or diagnosing electrical, you may want to find someone that can actually put hands on the tractor and help you.

5984711c3d6e7_IMG_18001.JPG.1cf6205dedc620f49f6f4c8c7ca53779.JPG

Travis

yes thats it didnt know what it was suppose to do just got tractor words are wore off mine and no hour meter does not work either ill check for power thank you

checked fuses all look good guess ill have to get my voltmeter and try to track it down . I didnt know it was digital because it wasn't lit up and it was dirty.

pulled it out to find a cable no idea  where it goes going to need print . also noticed hole was round is it possible to change over to mechanical as last resort,any help welcome thanks in advance 

On 8/5/2017 at 4:49 PM, ky966boy said:

checked fuses all look good guess ill have to get my voltmeter and try to track it down . I didnt know it was digital because it wasn't lit up and it was dirty.

Our 1586 had that dash and it didn't work for 20 years. The problem it had when we finally fixed it was an oil pressure switch allows the dash to start once the engine has oil pressure. Our connections were bad

On the right side of the engine all the way at the back, in behind oil filter

1 hour ago, ky966boy said:

is it a different switch than one that runs oil pressure gauge because that gauge works

yes the oil pressure gauge sending units on the left side of the engine just behind the injector pump in the block this one here is on the right side just in front of where the cab is it's just behind the oil filters kind of hard to get to the fitting to

• 2 weeks later...

members helped me find print .I found bad ground wire , bad wire from oil pressure switch and both wires bad to transducer. It lights up now but reads 0000 , could read any power on white or blue wires going to transducer,I guess ill replace it first then send out tach

IMG_0231.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

My dad has an original style tach on his 986 and it does not work at all and I was wondering what it could be. We also have a 1086 with a tach with all the fancy buttons ad it gives a false reading all the time too it lights up but it just gives a false reading 

• 1 year later...

I just bought a 1486 I'm trying to get things working right. I got the push button digital tach and Pyro meter going finally and the speed says 25 mph with the key on engine off, 0 when driving. I traced the wires back to the range housing but it's not plugged in to a transducer and I can't see where it should be. My question is where should I be looking for the speed transducer Plug?