this will be my last tractor purchase ( hope ), online antique tractor auction yesterday, said to my self no more tractors but this old m went for three hundred dollars, not seized, was running last year.

PICT0386.JPG

PICT0385.JPG

PICT0384.JPG

PICT0383.JPG

Nice buy.

Put a narrow front on it and double your money selling the wide front

• Like 2

Looks good to me , I thinks you got a great tractor ,  

not many farmalls around here even less with narrow front, is this an ih axle or a schwartz?, i think ih, has broken exhaust manifold but i have a spare off a w6 hope to get it running this week, unfamiliar with the hydraulic system looks like a belly pump instead of the usual between the dist. and timing cover. am going to look into a narrow front for it.

I have a spare narrow front cone laying around somewhere.I see you are a fellow stubblejumper, where in S. Sask. do you hang your hat?

east side of sask, about an hour east of regina, never done a swap so you will have to tell me if i can use the my hubs and bearings etc, thanks by the way.

------" LAST ONE"--------

Wish I had a buck for every time I've said that....  (So does my wife)   :lol:

Nice buy

Mike

Undo the whole front end, down to the steering arm. The fourbolts that now hold that arm on, are the ones that hold the trike cone in place. After you have it bolted up, the wheels and hubs will fit the trike spindles.

IF that set wide front set up is like the ones in the US the hubs will not fit a M narrow front, the hubs would fit an H  narrow front  end  the M narrow front used a heavier spindle than the wide front did. 

yes it is a super m, got it running yesterday, starter is pooched, dead bar on the armature and very bad bushings, massive leak at top of the rad and maybe a head problem as it warmed up quickly. on the plus side after getting the starter to crank and some fresh gas it fired right off, runs really good all the gears in the trans. work great no left brake but good right one, awesome oil pressure and sounds sweet, very good throttle response, so in the future i hope to get it in the shop and see what is going on. where these 12 volt or 6, this has a 12 volt starter and generator positive ground, gen. charges fine.

well mister gleaner k2 i have so many tractors and crawlers, a scout, a loadstar and three cub cadets plus just bought a 67 pickup i don't think i will live long enough to get them all done, see the wife is working on her aim so might have to back off on buying but it kills me to see this old ih iron going to china.

8 hours ago, dieselman said:

well mister gleaner k2 i have so many tractors and crawlers, a scout, a loadstar and three cub cadets plus just bought a 67 pickup i don't think i will live long enough to get them all done, see the wife is working on her aim so might have to back off on buying but it kills me to see this old ih iron going to china.

Understandable! Glad you picked that old M up! Wish ya the best of luck and hope you get your projects you really want to get done completed! 

haha everyone always what do you need it for and I just I donno just have to have it, I bid a nice W9 up to 350 bucks today at a sale but I wasn't sure how I was gonna get it home so I quit, may need to invest in a better trailer so I can move bigger pieces

that is the other side of the collecting bug, startedwith an 18 ft low boy trailer, but could only haul one so upgraded to the tri axle gooseneck 30 ft, now am putting a winch on it, of course then i needed a truck to pull it so bought the duramax in the picture, so investment is high BUT i don't drink, smoke or do drugs. tell everyone this is my cocaine habit, costs me as much and i get high doing it. and i see another collector tractor auction coming, oh Lord give me strength!

ya I hear ya I only have just a basic car hauler style trailer works good the only down fall is the wheel wells I cant get the bigger ones farm enough ahead to get the weight evened out enough as same a the truck I'd probably have to go to a bigger truck and so on, starting to kick myself I didn't buy that W9 I traced the serial number back to a 1944 model

good buy thou I'm jealous if you ever get tired of it feel free the haul it up to my place I'm only about 5 hours north west of you

Good save on the super M! Looks like a good tractor that you have already started work and evaluation on. Same as me, I like to see if they will run when I drag them home. Its usually all down hill from there!:) My next tractor? Humm? Dont know the little TD6 is keeping me busy.

Regards,

Chris

not familiar with the m's, what is a stage 2? hey chris i have 2 td-6's but kind have lost interest just have to many tractors on the list before i get to them, sure the m will be fun to get working right, but i have a 656 and a 606 in front of it on the repair list

hey dieselman where are you at in southern SK ? were also in sask by Melville. which online sale were you watching ?