Hay Harvest in the Alps

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a video of hay harvesting in Engelberg Switzerland  

I post this video on haymaking in the southwest of France, the Pyrenees. If you want I can open a topic with videos on mountain farming in the Pyrenees. Photos with CASE IH tractors hay on the

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

U-C, in the 3rd and 4th video. How do they steer those walk behind rakes? Do they steer by moving the handlebars left or right?  Also what are the crops off to the right on the flat ground. Those in the distance appear to be hops. What are the ones with the shades or screens over them? Grapes?

Is all of this hay put into the barns loose or do they take it somewhere and unload into a baler?

• 4 months later...
On 9/4/2020 at 6:13 PM, dads706 said:

U-C, in the 3rd and 4th video. How do they steer those walk behind rakes? Do they steer by moving the handlebars left or right?  Also what are the crops off to the right on the flat ground. Those in the distance appear to be hops. What are the ones with the shades or screens over them? Grapes?

Is all of this hay put into the barns loose or do they take it somewhere and unload into a baler?

them Motor mowers tool carriers have a active steering system in em that can also be locked up, it makes the hydro motors in each wheel either stop moving or go the other way to make em turn easier. 

looks like grapes but could also be some other fruit. 

yup if its loaded up with one of does loose hay loaders then all the hay is put up loose. 

I might of posted this before

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...