Sign in to follow this  
ohio farmer

Got my motor back

Finally got my engine back. Now to get it all back together. I am plenty busy right now, but I think I can have it done in time to do somethings this summer. Might break it in on plow at Rantoul.IMG_0768.thumb.JPG.3e5922e6bff68250a32d48408477e00f.JPG

Great you have it back. Hope it's ready for rantoul

Did you find a head for it, Mark?

That's great you got it back. 

9 hours ago, 2+2 Guy said:

Did you find a head for it, Mark?

Hi, John.   I did find a head.  Got one off a 706, which is supposed to have bigger valves and will make my engine work better, they tell me.

Found one fairly quickly at Bates in Bourbon, In.  

now if I can just get it all back together right.

Bates is great.  I made a trip there a few months ago.  Glad they could hook you up.  

Good luck on the rest of the repair. 

If you need a dyno to break it in when you get it back together let me know, I have the M&W P400 that used to be in the local IH repair shop here in town back in the day. The F-series take awhile to get it warmed up.

11 hours ago, robgIN said:

If you need a dyno to break it in when you get it back together let me know, I have the M&W P400 that used to be in the local IH repair shop here in town back in the day. The F-series take awhile to get it warmed up.

thanks, Rob.

I think I can break it in with some time on the plow.

we have our plow day is August 12th.

Hope you can make it again this year. You always have those F tractors running great  Now I know part of the reason, you have your own dyno.

hey look what I found... love this new picture loading setup...

IMG_2538.JPG.e03e837038236d1fa3099952bf2237a1.JPG

I think I am ready to set it back in frame tomorrow morning. Just got a call that my pump and injectors are ready to pickup. This thing may be done sooner that I thought.  here, hold my beer...IMG_0769.thumb.JPG.9a976af34172b49dcdb662d08894fc56.JPG

the dyno does help Mark, but those pesky condenser failures still pop up, maybe I should just leave them run during lunch from now on. As of now I am planning on being there on the 12th with one of the F series, I think it is the F-20s turn again. You guys always have a good event with a good mix of tractors.