fire2201

CX 100 won't start

I have a case IH cx 100 1050 hours, that won't start with key switch. when I jump the solenoid it fires right up. I thought it might be a ground wire but I have cleaned and wire brushed every connection I could. Today took the loader off to get to the cab ground and still wouldn't fire. I was wondering if maybe it was the key switch? Looking for any help thanks Brian

Take the floor mat and floor plate out, right in top of transmission there is a neutral switch in each shift rail. http://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr60605ar266883 reference number 7. These switches have a high failure rate, so I have been installing a second switch in clutch pedal support bracket that is closed when clutch is down. The wiring to transmission switches goes thru each switch so you have to tie into the right wires and run them to new switch at clutch pedal. 

I don't have to depress the clutch to start the tractor. I was wondering what the battery negative cable runs to from the battery. I cant reach it from under the tractor. But if I took the cab floor out I think I could. Is this the wiring you were talking about? I was thinking dirty connections? maybe I'm wrong? this has been going on for awhile and I would clean things up and it would work for a bit. I was even thinking the battery was going bad and replace it and it would work for a bit.

On 6/9/2017 at 7:23 AM, fire2201 said:

I don't have to depress the clutch to start the tractor. I was wondering what the battery negative cable runs to from the battery. I cant reach it from under the tractor. But if I took the cab floor out I think I could. Is this the wiring you were talking about? I was thinking dirty connections? maybe I'm wrong? this has been going on for awhile and I would clean things up and it would work for a bit. I was even thinking the battery was going bad and replace it and it would work for a bit.

Reread what CIHTECH said. He installs a switch on clutch pedal and eliminated ones on shift rails I believe.

Make sure your pto is not engaged if it is on a little that will stop it also

Cihtech is right on.  My c50 has same switches on top of trans.  Had 1 go bad, replaced it.  Weeks later 2nd one went bad.  The levers have to be in N to start.  Not the petal.  If i remember i jumped 1 with a wire so i better recheck!

2 minutes ago, fire2201 said:

How do I tell if a switch is bad?

Use an OHM's meter on terminal pins in switch, shift gear shift lever and meter should open and close if not...well then its bad. 

ok thank you hopefully I get going in right direction, wont get to it till next weekend

I have got a CX90, had starting problem same as you, turned out to be a relay located just just above the starter .

Had the same neutral switch go bad on my CX90.  Changed both and the PTO switch for good measure while I was ordering parts.