Finished My Swisherr Ride King

lorenzo

I forgot to update my  thread about this old Swisherr Ride King.

Well here she is today. 

1959 model A32 Swisherr Ride King.

Image 4-13-17 at 6.38 PM.jpg

Image 4-13-17 at 6.38 PM (1).jpg

3 hours ago, oldtanker said:

Looks great but I think I'll keep the zero turn.

Rick

Mr Swisher is credited for building the original "Zero Turn Mower"

Its fun but yes you guys are right,  Absolutely no safetys, you can literally just step off the side and it will just keep on going.

Pretty cool for its day though, what machine had much for safety back then?!B)  I remember an old Gravely with dual tires and an out front deck that my parents had, you could go under trees by letting go and catching it coming out the other side.

We had two of those when I was a kid and mowed close to an acre yard.  If I remember correctly the muffler is on the right hand side kind of close to your leg?  they are neat now but you couldn't get me back on one.  We ended up buying a used 129 cub cadet, I thought that thing was a Cadillac compared to the old swisher but the Swisher did turn sharper!

Saw a guy mowing with one of those just a couple weeks ago and remembered your project. Looks neat but glad they have improved since those were built. Will it be coming with to DSM?

Dad bought one of those short time after they came out; weren't very expensive then. After I took over the place I used it and it did a good job. Our front yard had a bank running down to the road that wasn't very steep. Being that it was a three wheel mower, it would want to tip on sloped ground and you couldn't help but put your foot out to catch it. After nearly running over my own foot twice, it disappeared and a lawn tractor took its place. If anyone uses one, keep it on level ground or not traverse a slope with it.   LE

30 minutes ago, W30 Lee said:

Dad bought one of those short time after they came out; weren't very expensive then. After I took over the place I used it and it did a good job. Our front yard had a bank running down to the road that wasn't very steep. Being that it was a three wheel mower, it would want to tip on sloped ground and you couldn't help but put your foot out to catch it. After nearly running over my own foot twice, it disappeared and a lawn tractor took its place. If anyone uses one, keep it on level ground or not traverse a slope with it.   LE

Thats good advice, in reality they are pretty dangerous.

27CC35DB-5B4F-4152-B9B7-65F3E29EA7EB_zps

Very nice job on the restoration, Lorenzo !

This one was at the IHCC Ohio Chapter 6 State Show last year in Findlay, OH. 

Another cool ride lorenzo!

On 6/2/2017 at 5:03 PM, Alan Dinan said:

Looks great but I don't think I would want to use it, looks like it would be warm on the twins.  

Alan

Around here, tractors like that are called Bag Warmers for obvious reasons. 

I bet it gives a thrill when it backfires through the carburetor 

17 hours ago, 2+2 Guy said:

27CC35DB-5B4F-4152-B9B7-65F3E29EA7EB_zps

Very nice job on the restoration, Lorenzo !

This one was at the IHCC Ohio Chapter 6 State Show last year in Findlay, OH. 

I have never seen one with a frame like that and it's only a couple years older then mine. Neat photo, I would like to see it up close.

I was told his early stuff was painted green.

Archived