1979 transtar and my 66 1206

AGTeacher

Thanks for posting this picture.  It is a beautiful thing.  I happen to have a day cab single axle TransStar II that I hope,  one day, to have looking as nice as yours.  Could you post other shots of this beautiful rig and its load?

GT&T

Love that black and white picture.

Dennis

Oh my  !!!!  Those are some beautiful pictures ,   Thanks for sharing !

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's going in style, and then there is GOING IN STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice job!!!!!!!!!

Mike

• 5 weeks later...

4090 was designed with bigger radiator for big engines but only made in early 70s  we're not available after 75 and the transtar 2 came out

Is the other Transtar you have with the Cat a 1673, 1693, or a 3406 transplant?

Was the 4090 similar to Freightliners "Powerliner"?  I read about it somewhere - it had a big wide front grill (I don't think it looks as good).  The 4090's I looked up seem to have the same grill as a 4070.

Could you get KTA's in IH Transtars or did the KTA come out later, or was it ever even offered?  

Another random thought... I can see the V-8s and V-12's did have some application in cabovers, as they should have a lower engine height versus the I-6's, all things being equal.  The hot-rod cabovers back then did seem to use a lot of 3408's and 12v71's.

The other one is a factory 3406a which they were kinda rare .      They did offer KTs in them according to sales brochures but I have yet to see one. And I have yet only seen 3 in my life 4070s cat powerd 

Archived