Hydrostatic driven Farm Vehicles

U-C

10 hours ago, U-C said:

Here is AEBI's Combicut product line video:

Urs,

what's the cost of one with attachments? Gas or Diesel?

Paul/RMan

20 minutes ago, Rainman said:

Urs,

Paul/RMan

Paul

The smallest model the CC 110 with sickle bar is in the 16 000 US price range! And the largest model the CC 66 is in the 20 000 + US dollar range without attachments. All models use gasoline Briggs and Stratton Vanguard engines. Swiss made products does have cost more but they last much longer then the cheap stuff.

-Urs

25 minutes ago, Rainman said:

Urs,

Paul/RMan

I might have to ask the company again about the prices

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is a Versatile promotional film of there Generation 4 Swather:

Has anyone driven one of this or older models and what did you think of them?

9 hours ago, U-C said:

The Devils machine. Dad had one that was a 79 model versatile 400. He actually had bought 3 of them new over the years. The one you have pictured is a 4700 it was made in the late 80 s and not a lot were made plus company went bankrupt so hard to find parts. The 400 dad had was a gas ford engine and no cab 20 ft platform. If you were in perfect crop it was nice swathing but anything less than perfect was hot itchy and a nightmare. Ran one about 100 /150 hours a year for a while hated every minute of it. We run the bidirectionals tractors though and love them just don't swath with them.

2 hours ago, yellowrosefarm said:

Gravely convertible walk behinds are alive and well and are now hydro drive. https://www.gravely.com/en-us/walk-behind-mowers/pro-qxt-tractor 

That's cool, if my info is correct the Gravely with hydro drive is manufactured by the Swiss Company Rapid Technic AG. the two companies have a cooperation since 2006. Here is a link to the Brochure http://rapid.ch/en/brochures/flipbook?id=8098#brochure/  

Rapid is Europe's Largest walk behind tractor manufacture.

1 hour ago, U-C said:

That's cool, if my info is correct the Gravely with hydro drive is manufactured by the Swiss Company Rapid Technic AG. the two companies have a cooperation since 2006. Here is a link to the Brochure http://rapid.ch/en/brochures/flipbook?id=8098#brochure/  

Rapid is Europe's Largest walk behind tractor manufacture.

That would make sense. We had 17 of the old gear drive Gravelys at work with blades and snowblowers and it was around then that parts for those started becoming NLA. The hydro units were significantly more expensive so we opted not to upgrade. Instead we bought 4 of the little Bobcat S70's for sidewalk snow removal. Small, cramped cab, but still better than walking behind a Gravely in a snowstorm.

• 1 month later...

AEBI TT 281 is the largest Terratrac model AEBI makes now with 109 Engine HP and it came out last year:

Pics Courtesy of the AEBI & CO. AG.

.thumb_1200_900_Aebi_TT281_TT241_Ballenpresse_So_renberg_003%5B7323%5D.jpg

.thumb_1200_900_Aebi_TT281_Freigestellt_Front_rechts%5B7326%5D.jpg

.thumb_1200_900_Aebi_TT281_TT241_Scheibenmesserma_hwerk_So_renberg_002%5B7320%5D.jpg

• 1 month later...

I sure love my 656 Hydro Utility with a loader. I didn't realize how just how handy the Hydro really was until I drove my cousin's 674 gear utility with a loader the other day. The inching pedal on the Hydro is so easy to push down for a guy with bad knees and the infinitely variable Hydro is just so handy for loader work.

On another note, I was in high school when IH first unveiled the 656 Hydro. Our Vo. Ag. teacher took the FFA to the local IH dealer's big Hydro field day. We got out of school, got a nice meal and we all got to test drive a 656 Hydro. I thought that was the handiest tractor that I ever drove. Tried to talk Dad into buying one but that fell on deaf ears. Well fast forward 40 some years and I finally got one. 

Loading the #60 plow for the trip home from RPRU 2013 in Lima, OH. Hydro's were the featured tractor so I brought mine with the snow blower attached.

RPRU 2013 RELOADING 005.JPG

• 10 months later...
On 7/16/2017 at 11:48 PM, U-C said:

Interesting video, I've never seen the latest pull type that they showed in that video I don't think. We owned several 400 swaggers and one 4400 that we still currently own. Looked at a few 4700 and 4750 swaggers like in the video but never bought one. Always thought they were built a bit light and now parts are very hard to find for any of them. The 4700 were made light in the legs, after a while the frames would start to crack out and the wheels would start to go off camber. The 4750 was reinforced a little better I think but was still anpretty light built swather. 

The hydrostatic drive sure is nice to have on any piece of equipment though with the exception of some applications.  My favourite that we have now is the high clearance sprayer.  So nice to have infinite speed. 

IMG_2236.JPG

I have a Hesston 6650 swather with Perkins dsl and 16' header and a 656 Hydro loader tractor that also pulls a rake in the hay field. I like the smaller size to get around in the corrals and the hydro is just handier and can creep along at very slow speeds when needed.

656 and loader.jpg

5 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

I have a Hesston 6650 swather with Perkins dsl and 16' header and a 656 Hydro loader tractor that also pulls a rake in the hay field. I like the smaller size to get around in the corrals and the hydro is just handier and can creep along at very slow speeds when needed.

656 and loader.jpg

That's a real sharp 656

On 5/17/2017 at 7:08 AM, dale560 said:

Dad has an outfit like that from the 40s sitting in the shed. A gravely I think. It has the front mount mower and use to have cultivator setup for it.

The high school I went to used one of those to mow around the school bus parking lot (buses stayed at school all day) and the sports fields that was in 60-63.  Ag students would sometime operate it.

Technically, all of the IVT/CVT tractors are hydrostatic drive.  The hydro is not transferring all of the engine power to the wheels like it does on a true hydro drive like say an IH 186, but it make the infinite variability of speed possible.