I have been collecting the pieces/parts for years to restore this one. With the 656 being the feature tractor at this years roundup, now was the time to get it done. Pulled it out in January,  cleaned the fuel system and rebuilt the carburator. Drove it up to the shop. Pulled tinwork off and powerwashed off the first few greasy layers.

20161224_120354.jpg

20161224_125625.jpg

• Like 1

That's looking good.  

if you already said I missed it, but does the tractor have any history for you?

• 2 weeks later...

You are working fast .

Congratulations on Acquiring that Gem !

Looking forward to seeing it & you at Des Moines.

Tony

1 hour ago, tony in ca. said:

You are working fast .

Congratulations on Acquiring that Gem !

Looking forward to seeing it & you at Des Moines.

Tony

I look forward to seeing you again, Tony. While you are here, you need to dine at The Latin King restaurant. You would enjoy the meal!

The tractor is currently tore down and partially in primer. My photo posting is behind my progress in the shop. 

• 3 weeks later...

When you bring it to the show will you put your nickname from here on a sign so we know whose it is? I am guessing there will be more than a couple like it around the show and i would like to see your finished project in person.

1 hour ago, new guy said:

When you bring it to the show will you put your nickname from here on a sign so we know whose it is? I am guessing there will be more than a couple like it around the show and i would like to see your finished project in person.

My name is Aaron Wade from Grinnell Iowa. My machines will have magnets on them with my name. I will try to put my poweshiek name on the paper Roundup signs as well. Cannot wait to see you all there!  I will try to post update photos soon. Between work, Roundup responsibilities and my son's high school graduation my time on here has been limited.

18 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

My name is Aaron Wade from Grinnell Iowa. My machines will have magnets on them with my name. I will try to put my poweshiek name on the paper Roundup signs as well. Cannot wait to see you all there!  I will try to post update photos soon. Between work, Roundup responsibilities and my son's high school graduation my time on here has been limited.

Grinnell you say.....i will be over that way after 6pm tonight. If you happen to be in town and see a caseys gas truck...stop and say hi. South and west stores.

• 4 weeks later...