656 Clutch Replacement

George 2

I am going to install a new pressure plate, clutch disk, release bearing, pilot bearing and trans input seal in my Farmall 656 gear drive. Since CIH parts prices are very high I am looking at aftermarket clutch kits. Any suggestions as to who makes good aftermarket kits?  

Hy capacity is pretty much the go to for reliability. Are you doing it yourself?

My CIH dealer is doing it and he told me CIH is too proud of their clutches. I am inclined to try Hy Capacity but I thought I would ask first. The Hy Cap from Fawcetts is about $300 cheaper than CIH for the assembly. I also know that Hy Cap T/A's are the best available. Fawcett's also had it in stock so I went and ordered the Hy Capacity assembly.  It should arrive by noon today. Thanks to SMOKER 1 and M turbo for the advice.

Had a look at the parts after they arrived today. Hy Capacity has included the heavy duty disk with 6 pads (not 4 like original) and the pressure plate is a very good looking unit. All the other parts were included (including the transmission input shaft seals. So far it looks good  

Archived