Restoration minus the new paint job......

I love the look of a well done, , every nut and bolt, complete restoration. However, my vision is to have everything on my 400 working 100% and field ready. Like the Hot Rods you see with the just pulled out of the desert "Patina" finish on the bodies but tricked out in every other way.  Any other fans of rusty old tin work on a "sleeper" workhorse Farmall?

Welcome aboard Happy !

A fella out my way in Southern New England has a knack for putting just the right touches on crawlers

They still show off their well worn battle scars with a touch of shiny:)

58d84721033a0_averycletrac(3)(800x600).jpg.cad5bbe2761acaf858ae003f7d518793.jpg

58d8472c728ad_K.averycrawlerpuppyoct2013164(800x600).jpg.b33010b415712bac8b83e5d95075907a.jpg

• 3 months later...

Ok now that may be the look I am going for on my TD6. After seeing these I think mine might look acceptable with some repaired, and painted parts.  Thanks for posting these pictures. It is a lot of work to get them looking totaly show ready. And most folks dont want to do work them and get them dirty after all that effort and details.

I would like to get some items, like lights restored/ working.

I kind of did this "work clothes" thing with the D17 tractor I bought a couple years ago. Got all the systems working, but did not do finished paint except for the repaired grill headlights and front wheels.

DSC06748.jpg

Regards,

Chris

16 hours ago, Happyfeet said:

My trail camera caught this shot of my 400....

IMAG0063.JPG

Nice clean and straight looking tractor! I wouldn't paint it either.

I'm deating this very thing right now on an old bean picker drop the faded yellow work clothes and dress her up or let her stand in all her rode hard put away wet glory! As far as hot rod she's already been made pointless, had a huge upgrade in the engine oil pressure department, and been modified to do what we do dig bushes...

• 3 weeks later...

Old Tractors are like Kids , They are all beautiful !

It takes all kinds to really appreciate them fully.

Never think your tractor is less because its not shinny ,They all have a place at the show.

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I know the D17 was pretty off color for this site:) so here is some red using the same theme. A little paint, but lots of original patina  and functional repairs too!

DSC08062.jpg

DSC08061.jpg

Regards,

Chris