Case IH 485 Serial number

Racinrick

Hi all, just signed up and hoped someone could help me out.  I bought a Case IH 485 4x4 tractor and love it.  The tractor serial number tag is missing on the right front bolster.  I suppose it was scrapped off when the Farmhand loader was installed years ago or some other various reason.  I found a data plate on the backside left of the front drive axle 61236 and one on the right rear down low next to the hitch housing, very difficult to see, 373935 BTZ.  I did find the engine serial number on the pad on the right crankcase side 179D12D391622.  What year model is this tractor and how can I go about getting a replacement legal data plate for the tractor?   Thank you.

I think I saw something in RED Power magazine about serial number plates but I don't think you can marry up the tractor serial number by the engine number. If you need a service manual send me a PM and we can discuss.

Thanks for all the replies. Well today I looked, pulled the right front lower panel off.  I steel brushed, cleaned, blew off with an airhose, and went over it inch by inch and could find no serial number stamping into the right front bolster, inside or outside.  I pulled the loader free and put wedges in to hold it out of the way where I could see, still no luck.. Any more suggestions?

Archived