Sign in to follow this  
stronger800

First post. 1066 cab interior/trim advice please

I always like that there  nf pic of yours too.  Neighbor always use to put one under his 1206 for pulling when I was a kid.  Thanks, (They're mostly my fathers....I just try to keep them nice).  There's another 1066 here someplace that keeps getting missed in the pics, here it is on the right.   The one that use to have the white delux cab on it.   11 or 12k hrs on that one too.   856 is a little wet in that pic, had pulled it outside to adjust new/used  throttle linkage.   Original one had a adjuster nut tac welded in place.  

image.jpg

On 4/27/2017 at 9:56 PM, stronger800 said:

Thanks.  We're going to start painting them someday, but for now they don't stay out of the fields long enough.  Haying season's almost here. 

We had an equally clean and straight 826 diesel for 30yrs, traded it in on a MX series 6-7 years ago, realize now that that was  probably a mistake. 

Those tractors look wonderful just the way they are.  I would polish them up and forget the new paint!

On 1/11/2018 at 12:48 PM, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Those tractors look wonderful just the way they are.  I would polish them up and forget the new paint!

X2

Better leave that factory paint just like it is.  It is only original one time.  That is good paint that is on them.

Thanks guys.  I do want to try buffing them up a bit sometime.   The black stripe I did rub on a bit, just by hand for an hour or so.  Could be a lot better. 

Use a Carnuba wax on it,

You will be amazed what a differance it will make.

What is the deal with the exhaust on the 806? First one I have seen like that, but that's not saying a lot.I'm not a collector or anything and never learned about all the different options. The 806 we used to have had the exhaust coming straight up like the 10s you have there.

All of those machines you have look excellent to me. I enjoyed looking at the pictures. I also will want to reference this thread for the cab seals if I decide to fix the a/c in my 1566. I would like to have a nice 856 like that some day.

Cotton1

Thank you.  Yes, don't have to look twice to notice that pipe and air cleaner.   Schwitzer turbo.  Big one.   That pipe was chrome when I was a kid, 30+ years ago.  It has become one with the elbow since then.  I need to cut that off and get a prettier one back on there.  Quietest tractor we have. Deep, even tone.  856 with M+W  sounds completely different.  Gotta have a muffler on that one.