#10 Grain Drill Clutch

chadd

Our #10 grain drill stopped shutting off the seed when lifted at the end of the last field last year.  The arm circled in red broke off, so the cams never disengage the clutch.  I was wondering if anyone would have one of these lying around somewhere or know of someplace that has one of these for parts?  I've called the local junk yards and all of them pretty much told me that if it is a conventional drill (not no-till) it goes immediately on a slow boat to China; they don't keep them around for parts... Thanks.

Grain Drill.png

You could try welding it if nobody comes up with one. I assume its cast so you will need to do some research on cast welding, but it can be done.

18 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

You could try welding it if nobody comes up with one. I assume its cast so you will need to do some research on cast welding, but it can be done.

Thanks for the suggestion, problem is that it cracked and then the square shaft turned inside of it, breaking a section out.  That section ended up somewhere out in the field.  If I had all of it, I would certainly try the welding route.

Just take the part to a good welder or blacksmith and they an fix you right up for a lot less than buying new. If you lived closer, I would weld it for you for nothing! Take about 5 minutes.

Jery

Archived