red tractor fever

826 Serial Number Registry

Decided to start a registry on 826's. I'm calling and emailing everyone under the sun looking for 15699. I figured I was a fool not to get double mileage out of all the research. So please send me your numbers. My research has already paid off. 11429 and 11431 are Gold Demo tractors. Anybody have 11430? As always all private information will be kept private. Send as much or as little as you want. Thanks!

S/N 13505 is a Diesel hydro currently in parts, S/N 14611 is a diesel gear drive with a rops and canopy with 16.9 x 38 tires on power adjust rims. They are owned by Eason Lilley Williamston, NC

Serial #: 010886   Code: 0151

1970 Farmall 826, Hydrostatic Drive,  358 German Diesel,  Diamond Cab,  2 remotes,  dual pto,  6 bolt 11L-15 fronts,  18.4-34 rear,  3 point,  spring seat,  fixed steering column.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Build location: U  

Owned by Don Ross in Concord, NH

I have #13878, I know of a demonstrator nearby that the owner won't sell at this time that I'm keeping my eye on!  Warren Scheenen, Rushville NE

Serial # 7955*     826  gas Hydro   Open station  Wide front, 18.4 -34  Fast hitch

Thanks for your time for taking on this Task of Registry

I have a list of  "826's"  from our former dealership,   I was an employee at this dealership in the early '70's

This group of tractors are all Gear drives    10768,  13517, 16117, 16387, 16388, 16942

826 #16967 is a Hydro

826 #13517 Is my 826 Demonstrator.

Most of these tractors were still in the fields earning there keep.  Most are still in Mid-Michigan.

Jim Droscha

serial number 14450 is a hydro gold demonstrator in Long Island New York  

Thanks guys. 9 numbers in Jim's post. I got 6 in a email from a dealership I knew had one recently. Add in Tractorhouse, Fastline, and Machinio listings and I'm pretty sure we're north of 50 numbers already. It is a time consuming task but well worth it. It's all good!

5 hours ago, DroschaFamilyDairy said:

Serial # 7955*     826  gas Hydro   Open station  Wide front, 18.4 -34  Fast hitch

Thanks for your time for taking on this Task of Registry

I have a list of  "826's"  from our former dealership,   I was an employee at this dealership in the early '70's

This group of tractors are all Gear drives    10768,  13517, 16117, 16387, 16388, 16942

826 #16967 is a Hydro

826 #13517 Is my 826 Demonstrator.

Most of these tractors were still in the fields earning there keep.  Most are still in Mid-Michigan.

Jim Droscha

Jim, we have an 826 that was bought out of a barnyard in which is sat for about 20 years, probably 5 years ago. I don't remember the name of the elderly lady we bought it non running from, after everyone else was trying to low ball her. It has a dealer sticker on each side above the 826 placard that has the name of JR Fuselin I believe,  from Charlotte, MI. Would that be your dealer? I'll go look at the serial tag and take a pic of the dealer sticker tomorrow.

Ross 

S/N 13115 gold demo sold new Martin Tractor & Truck  18.4 x 34 rears 9.50 x 15 fronts standard seat and steering wheel. Still at work in eastern NC

S/N 15460 18.4 x 34 rears and 9.5-15 fronts. Gear drive with German 358.  Bought off farm in Saluda, SC and still working here at my farm in upstate SC.

RBootsMI,  Thanks for the news on this "826",   You will like this information on this "826"    You folks purchased this tractor from the widow of Al Schumacker, on Kinsel Rd. near Potterville MI.   "Al"  was a retired "GM" worker, Spent  32 years at the Lansing MI assembly Plant,  A great man,  Boy scout leader, great neighbor,  always wanting to help the local farmers if somebody needed extra field work done,  "Al" never farmed until his retirement from "GM".   Purchased this "826" and a Super "H" and a lot of field equipment to be a "Farmer",    Died of cancer 12 years after retirement from "GM".  Seems so Unfair.

Your "826" gear drive number is 16388 and has a history,  you will like to know.   This tractor was sold by "J R Fueslein"  in Charlotte MI,  To a person many of us in Mid -Michigan Know,    "Jerry Van Dorpe"  owner and driver of "Screamon Demon".

The early Days of its life,  this tractor worked in the fields,  During the "County Fair Season" ( Tractor Pull Season)  this tractor was hooked to a "Pulling Sled" a Few Times,  This tractor was not the "Test Mule" for all the Van Dorpe's pulling tractors,  because of the  "358" German diesel,  Head porting and pump modifications may be the only thing that might be left on this tractor.   You are the 3rd owner of this "826"  , the " Van Dorpe"  family enjoyed putting on a good tractor pull show,  and they would put this size tractor into a class that would do the best.

I live 2 miles from where you purchased it from,  Your tractor has been on our farm when "Al" had it.   Helped haul "Silage Wagons" one wet fall from the field to our "Door Yard".  All our family members "new" the history of this tractor when "Al" Purchased it.  I remember my dad saying to me as we could hear the tractor coming up the road with a loaded wagon full throttle, "If that rearend is making that much noise,  with us standing next to the silo with our tractor at a low "Idle" on the silo blower",  "How can a Guy stand that thing sitting on the tractor seat"  , "You remember that sound"!     I might have bought this tractor,  but I have enough projects,   Enjoy this Tractor,  It has a history not many tractors can tell,

Jim Droscha

3 hours ago, DroschaFamilyDairy said:

RBootsMI,  Thanks for the news on this "826",   You will like this information on this "826"    You folks purchased this tractor from the widow of Al Schumacker, on Kinsel Rd. near Potterville MI.   "Al"  was a retired "GM" worker, Spent  32 years at the Lansing MI assembly Plant,  A great man,  Boy scout leader, great neighbor,  always wanting to help the local farmers if somebody needed extra field work done,  "Al" never farmed until his retirement from "GM".   Purchased this "826" and a Super "H" and a lot of field equipment to be a "Farmer",    Died of cancer 12 years after retirement from "GM".  Seems so Unfair.

Your "826" gear drive number is 16388 and has a history,  you will like to know.   This tractor was sold by "J R Fueslein"  in Charlotte MI,  To a person many of us in Mid -Michigan Know,    "Jerry Van Dorpe"  owner and driver of "Screamon Demon".

The early Days of its life,  this tractor worked in the fields,  During the "County Fair Season" ( Tractor Pull Season)  this tractor was hooked to a "Pulling Sled" a Few Times,  This tractor was not the "Test Mule" for all the Van Dorpe's pulling tractors,  because of the  "358" German diesel,  Head porting and pump modifications may be the only thing that might be left on this tractor.   You are the 3rd owner of this "826"  , the " Van Dorpe"  family enjoyed putting on a good tractor pull show,  and they would put this size tractor into a class that would do the best.

I live 2 miles from where you purchased it from,  Your tractor has been on our farm when "Al" had it.   Helped haul "Silage Wagons" one wet fall from the field to our "Door Yard".  All our family members "new" the history of this tractor when "Al" Purchased it.  I remember my dad saying to me as we could hear the tractor coming up the road with a loaded wagon full throttle, "If that rearend is making that much noise,  with us standing next to the silo with our tractor at a low "Idle" on the silo blower",  "How can a Guy stand that thing sitting on the tractor seat"  , "You remember that sound"!     I might have bought this tractor,  but I have enough projects,   Enjoy this Tractor,  It has a history not many tractors can tell,

Jim Droscha

Wow Jim, that's quite a story! Thanks for sharing your knowledge of it with me. The story her son/son in law? gave us was she wished to sell it, but everything had to go through him, as someone said they would give her a real good price on an M or Super M her husband had. That real good price that she took for that M was $500, the sheistering of a little old lady that didn't know any better. On the 826, apparently someone had tried to get it running and had ended up leaving the fuel line to the injection pump unhooked at the rear, and left it open, pointed upwards. The pump had become filled with water, which froze, and actually split the pump completely in half. We were able, however, to get it to roll over, so that was a plus.  We bought it, and brought it home, and found a good used injection pump for it.  After getting that on there, we actually got to hear it run for the first time, although it was quite apparent the years outside didn't help the engine, she was pretty smokey, some blue, some fuel smoke. We put new injectors in it,  and that helped tremendously,  but still had a  fair bit of blue smoke unless working it hard. It had one like new Firestone F&R tire on the rear, and the other was just a mismatched old tire in OK shape. Dad and I bought an Oliver 1850 I had done a bunch of work to previously, that had the exact same set up as the 826, one like new Firestone F&R, and just some other ok old tire on the other side, but that old tire matched the other old tire on the 826. So we took the old tire off the 826, and put in its place the Firestone off the 1850, and then put the old tire off the 826 onto the 1850, so they now both had matching tires, with the real nice ones on the 826, and then sold the 1850.  I used to work at a construction equipment dealer in Lansing that had a Dresser 520B come in for parts with a DT358  (turbo), and I bought the engine out of it for the turbo set up, and injection pump, although it is the later style pump. My plan is to turbo the 826, which is why the side panels are off in the picture, I was measuring to see how the turbo stuff will fit, and replaced the radiator hoses and thermostat last weekend and I haven't put them back on yet. But, she is my "chore" tractor for now, I use the boom I built on it for lifting stuff and pulling firewood and timber logs in the winter. She does get used for small jobs during farming season. Due to big repairs on the main farm equipment this winter, I won't have time to go after the needed repairs on it this winter, so I'm gonna bring it in next winter and fix EVERYTHING on it. At that time, I'm going to rebuild the engine, rebuild the rear end (the park gear teeth have been gone since we bought it), replace the TA, as it slips under real heavy load, put the turbo set up on it, rebuild the PTO as it's getting noisy, and reseal/rebuild the hydraulic system and paint it. But it still works good enough for what I'm currently using it for, so we'll get after it next fall/winter. It will spend the rest of its days here about 10 miles north of Saint Johns, it has became a family favorite since we have been using it. Thanks again for responding and letting me know the history of our tractor, it is much appreciated!

Ross Boots

20170205_180434-2064x1161.jpg

826 Hydro Diesel Gold Demonstrator

8 bolt front, 3pt, 38" rear

2510120U013790*

Located in southeast AZ. May have came from Oregon?

IMG_0987.JPG

I see one coming up on Mecum's Auction in Davenport March 30.  s/n FBK V72601 per their ad.  What is the different s/n configuration?  Farmall, Hydro I guess.

Dennis

In all the numbers I've got thus far the only thing that's different on a hydro is the center code with the most common code being 120. The FBK I can't tell you. The V72601 I'm GUESSING might be the engine serial number. Another option, it could be a number off the hydro. Just my 2 cents worth.

10 hours ago, red tractor fever said:

In all the numbers I've got thus far the only thing that's different on a hydro is the center code with the most common code being 120. The FBK I can't tell you. The V72601 I'm GUESSING might be the engine serial number. Another option, it could be a number off the hydro. Just my 2 cents worth.

As far as the FBK, I wonder if there was a mixup in the listing of the ad?  In the little experience I have, FBK is usually a Farmall M, or version thereof. 

1 hour ago, NHrediron said:

As far as the FBK, I wonder if there was a mixup in the listing of the ad?  In the little experience I have, FBK is usually a Farmall M, or version thereof. 

Its got to be a mixup. You are correct that the FBK prefix is used with the Farmall M. 

Wondering how this has progressed?  Total number, so far? Anything interesting? 

I currently own three IH 826 tractors. 

serial number 15503 that is a 826 hydro in very good shape, fenders, tilt wheel fast hitch

serial number 13339 that is a 826 hdyro in very good shape, fenders three point 

and I have one gear drive that I think is serial number 11565 but I could be off on this one, i had a hard time reading it. It has a K&M turbo kit, runs good but looks a bit rough. 

I started looking at Tractorhouse, Fastline, and Machinio first as well as old AuctionTime listings. Then added the ones I knew of myself and emailed on a few I remembered being for sale. D & L Equipment in Kensett Iowa looked through there records and added about 8 serial numbers. With the posts on this website I'm at approximately 75 with 3 being Wheatland tractors. 

As far as anything interesting? A few clusters I'd say. 11391 and 11429 are Gold Demos. 13339 is in Nebraska and 13344 is mine. 13505 is in North Carolina, 13509 was in Ohio I think and now sold, and 13529 is a one owner, three generation tractor from my wife's family. Her grandpa bought it new. 13876 was sold from D & L Equipment and 13878 is in Nebraska. 15503 Nebraska and 15518 was in Indiana now sold. And my almost consecutive numbers of 15698 and 15700. 

Ive got friend who gave me his two the other day but didn't have any paper to write them down so I'll get them again. I'm working on a hydro to that was on a ride a year and a half ago. No one can remember who it was and the keeper of the paperwork doesn't seem to have time to look it up. I've got a couple ideas how to get around that. No guarantees but I'll try. 

Also, is anyone on here in the Minot North Dakota area? Nathan Swenson has a gas Hydro. I've emailed but got no response. Would like that number if anyone lives or gets out that way. Thanks