Got a chance to look at my brothers 1086, it was a pfc system but has been switched over to gear pump, remotes seem slow, he said it won't open the baler door at low rpm and 3 pt hitch would barely raise itself. So we pulled top link cover and found that signal line for 3 pt cylinder is broken by cylinder fitting. Also when he deadhead a remote, fluid runs down from above, but I am assuming that is relief opening. I put a gauge in remote and it showed 2000 lbs when a remote is activated. I am wondering if anyone can explain to me what the signal line does? It attaches to the top cover at the left front corner and looks to be a bit hard to access. I am thinking if I pull hitch pump maybe I can reach better from there. Any suggestions? Thanks Rob 

• 2 weeks later...

The signal line was easy to get loose with a crows foot thru hitch pump opening. Also replaced the suction tube oring for the filter reservoir and hitch pump tube seal. The square oring behind filter retainer was missing. New hytran, filter, related oring and gaskets, hitch pump cover gasket and Teflon ring, pto gasket, and steering relief valve oring and presto, 3pt hitch works great and mcv pump now primes nearly instantly! My brother is a little happier Now! Only problem is 3 diff carrier bolts had come loose and were in bottom of case. Half of other 9 were loose, I did best I could with an open end wrench behind ring gear to tighten them up, will this work for a while? Only uses it to put up hay, maybe on feed wagon when ground is frozen, thanks Robert 

I don't know if you got them bolts tight enough or not but for sure they were working back and forth on the bolts, not good. I would guess that it will work ok for light work for a while.  They of course have to be tightened in somewhat of a sequence to keep differential and ring gear aligned when you do it on the bench.  

As far as the    square o-ring, well, there isn't supposed to be one. They were only used on the older model tractors  when that retainer was a loose fit in rear frame. This retainer     should be a tap in tight fit.  But, don't worry about it as it won't make any difference now.  The signal line has it's purpose when it was pfc, but now, only gives it a place leak oil  if broken.  I am not sure it would matter if you just plugged the holes that it would have any effect. I would have to study the schematic to come to any conclusion on that.  I was always an experimenter in  my day so if I would have had to deal with a broken line I might have just tried plugging I off and do the testing.  I do know that when they broke with pfc, it was a done hitch and loss of fluid. 

Archived