Looking for

red tractor fever

Yes I'm coming with four of my tractors. One of them is a 56 series tractor. So the sign can set by it or someone else's 826. Whatever it takes to get the word out. I figure this is the best opportunity to get the word out. The internet is great for stuff like this but I bet a person would be surprised how many guys aren't on it. This will get the information to those people to. Time will tell if it pays off. 

I sure wish the 826's could be there but it just wasn't meant to be. The poster will have to do. 

Thanks for the compliment on the good idea of the poster and shirts. It will definitely show how serious I am about hunting 15699 down. I don't give up easy.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw this post for the first time.  I'm not far from the area where your first 2 originated, about 50 miles or so south west.  I know of several 826's around so I'll start poking.  Not sure I'll get them all checked before RPRU but I will get some looked at.  I will be at the show Friday.  

7812 is on the list. I have it on Auction Time September 2016 and in Canada. 

Thanks for doing the legwork caseySD. No problem if you don't get them all checked before Roundup. I'll take the numbers for my registry anytime you get them. We will be there all three days. You won't miss me if you see my shirt. It literally is a walking billboard wanted ad. 

• 1 month later...

Haven't updated in awhile so here goes. Got my rims back for 698 but haven't had time to put them back on. Got the rears off 700 and the rims are pretty bad. Thinking new ones are in order. I did find a nice Cozy Cab for 700. Discovered from John Arnold that's what it had. The steps made sense after that. I know I'll get some feedback for going the cab route but in my opinion they will stand out with cabs and two different brands as well. The cab came from Cokato Minnesota. Pretty close to where it was built. Even saw a sign for Kimball but just didn't have the time to go.

I've been pursuing leads from tractorhouse and Craigslist. Been talking with people all over the country. One Craigslist guy was upset I bothered him for the second time. Yesterday I called a guy in Louisiana. We talked for 40 minutes. Nice guy!!! Go figure. Most are understanding when they don't have it. Almost all have wished me well and are looking on my behalf.

Closest one to date is 15722 and it's 15 miles away.

35 minutes ago, red tractor fever said:

Haven't updated in awhile so here goes. Got my rims back for 698 but haven't had time to put them back on. Got the rears off 700 and the rims are pretty bad. Thinking new ones are in order. I did find a nice Cozy Cab for 700. Discovered from John Arnold that's what it had. The steps made sense after that. I know I'll get some feedback for going the cab route but in my opinion they will stand out with cabs and two different brands as well. The cab came from Cokato Minnesota. Pretty close to where it was built. Even saw a sign for Kimball but just didn't have the time to go.

I've been pursuing leads from tractorhouse and Craigslist. Been talking with people all over the country. One Craigslist guy was upset I bothered him for the second time. Yesterday I called a guy in Louisiana. We talked for 40 minutes. Nice guy!!! Go figure. Most are understanding when they don't have it. Almost all have wished me well and are looking on my behalf.

Closest one to date is 15722 and it's 15 miles away.

What part of Louisiana was the guy you spoke to. I've been keeping up with this thread. Not many of those models around here and unfortunately it's pretty common for old/wore out tractors in this area get hauled off for scrap so it's slim pickins hunting old iron in fence rows and tree lines anymore around here.

Thanks for the well wishes Alan. I have several friends that know I'm hunting 699. They think like you, it's out there somewhere just waiting for me to find it. I hope so.

And to ArkLa 1086, I went back and tried to find the Craigslist ad and couldn't. His phone number is 318-282-XXXX. Hopefully the area code and prefix will give you an idea. Sorry I can't be more specific. He echoed the same thing. Not many 826's down that way. He looked quite a while for his. Bought it with a busted block. He told me he looked for a long time to find a 358 block to fix it correctly. 

7 hours ago, red tractor fever said:

Thanks for the well wishes Alan. I have several friends that know I'm hunting 699. They think like you, it's out there somewhere just waiting for me to find it. I hope so.

And to ArkLa 1086, I went back and tried to find the Craigslist ad and couldn't. His phone number is 318-282-XXXX. Hopefully the area code and prefix will give you an idea. Sorry I can't be more specific. He echoed the same thing. Not many 826's down that way. He looked quite a while for his. Bought it with a busted block. He told me he looked for a long time to find a 358 block to fix it correctly. 

Thanks, the 318-282-xxxx is in my area. The 282 is a prefix for a town 25 miles from here. I asked because I thought you may have gotten ahold of a local guy who has an IH salvage yard and very knowledgeable about IH in general

10 hours ago, red tractor fever said:

Hey red tractor fever I know a guy here locally you may be able to help you. It was the guy I mentioned in previous post who has a small tractor salvage yard (200-300 tractors) close to me. He's a millwright by trade and started the IH salvage on the side til it grew larger than he intended I think. He doesn't actively manage it anymore but still sells a few parts when he's not gone working on turbines in power plants. He's a super good guy and very knowledgeable and has always been helpful to me and anyone else who stopped by. If you like PM me and I'll give you his number and info. Idk if he has any 826's out there but if there's any within 50 miles of here he'd be the one I'd ask.

On 8/3/2017 at 9:45 PM, red tractor fever said:

I just called the Westky one. He's gonna call me in the morning. I don't think I'll bother the Columbia one. That's the one that was disgusted with me cause I bothered him twice. He'd really like it the third time. Thanks to everyone once again!

Is anyone close to this one????

Don't know if you have this one already or not but I'll throw it in. #11873 is at Colfax Tractor Parts in Colfax, IA. German diesel and gear drive and what I think is a Year-A-Round cab. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update time once again. I checked my notes this afternoon and had a surprise. Today is the one year anniversary already for owning these two almost consecutive serial numbered 826's. I bought 15700 on June 16th and I bought 15698 on August 18th. They weren't physically reunited until November 17th. That was quite a day. 

The only disappointing part for me is I haven't got to work on them near as much as I had hoped. But I like to go on a few tractor rides and attend a few shows. And next thing I know summers almost gone. The most important thing tho is they're here safe and sound. I can always work on them later.

Thanks to everyone who has been and still is helping me look for 15699. It's very much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived