Looking for

red tractor fever

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats pretty cool getting the history of 2 of your tractors! Wish i had more info about all of mine. Good luck in tour search

• 2 weeks later...

I recently had what what my wife calls A LIGHT BULB MOMENT. The last name of the original owner of 15698 kept running through my mind. It finally hit me. The name was the same as a Steffes Auction representative. I recently stumbled onto a picture of 15700 at a auction in Litchfield Minnesota. Emailed them for more information but didn't get much.

So I emailed him again asking if he was related. He replied with a call me and his number. Made that call. He is the grandson.  The second picture is his other grandfather from California checking out the 826. They kept it till late 75 and traded it in a 1066 which they still have.

Then I asked if they put the Hiniker cab on it. That turned out to be a funny question. His uncle George worked for Cozy Cab from 68 till the middle 80's as a designer and salesman. He put it like this. Hiniker and Year Round were swear words back then. The bottom picture is uncle George with a tilt cab Ford truck loaded with Cozy Cabs headed out for delivery.

I've also learned 15700 ended up with a Cozy Cab to. So ironically the tractor with Cozy Cab ties gets a Hiniker and the other tractor got the Cozy Cab. 

And for those coming to Roundup, barring something unforeseen, these two will be there to see in the flesh looking for their mate.

Very interesting how much information you are coming up with about the history of what you have. So with a positive attitude if you can keep everyone thinking about checking serial numbers it may happen some day.

Those are my thoughts exactly. Keep poking around and investigating leads from wherever they come from. Keep posting what I learn for those interested which keeps the topic towards the top. I have some friends looking as well. They say WHEN not IF. So I'm keeping a positive upbeat attitude on this. We may never find it. But I'll die trying that's foresure as I don't give up easy. In my opinion the story of the two I already have is pretty cool. Finding 15699 would just be the frosting on the cake. 

Thanks to all who have posted leads and given well wishes. It has been very much appreciated!

This would make a good post to "pin".

It would keep it in the spotlight.

I have no idea how that is done---just seems like to good idea to me.

Mike

1 hour ago, red tractor fever said:

Sounds good to me but like mikem, I have no idea how to PIN it.

I believe that is something that BJ has to do, same as deleting double posts the original poster can't delete a complete post

17 hours ago, bitty said:

I believe that is something that BJ has to do, same as deleting double posts the original poster can't delete a complete post

X2. I think only a moderator with a magic wand can Pin a post.  

• 3 weeks later...

Pining doesn't always work well. If a board has a bunch of pinned topics, they tend to get glanced over and not read. If you want to keep eyeballs on your topic, my advice would be to add a reply every few days or weeks. Good luck with your search!

BJ

• 2 weeks later...

I had a close one today. Was on my way home when I spied a 826 not far from home. Went back for a look. I kinda got excited when I saw it and a bit more when I started reading the tag. It ended up being 15722. And it had dealership stickers from Jewel, Iowa. I believe that's the closest one this far. Thought I'd share.

Yes that close. I got really excited when I saw the 15 in the beginning of the serial number. Even the 157 wasn't bad but the 22 on the end meant no deal. I was hoping for the trio to be complete by Roundup but I don't think that's gonna happen. Who knows, maybe it'll be in Des Moines for the show. Stranger things have happened.

Thanks to Punisher and anyone else that's keeping a eye out. I really hope it can be found even if it's not for sale. I wanna know how it was built or configured. One other thing comes to mind. I think I've read on here one time that if a serial number tag got damaged it was tossed and they used the next one. So if 699 got damaged and they put 700 on, I've got consecutive numbers. Pure speculation. I'm not giving up tho. Definitely not giving up.

Holy - I just saw this one tonight during one of my routine IH tractor ad searches...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-heavy-equipment/winnipeg/international-826-tractor-with-dual-wheels/1271237637?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=email

Who knows...this one may have been posted earlier - but just in case.

I did have that one but that's totally fine. Better to post them a hundred times than not at all. Thanks!

Disappointment has set in here. The almost consecutive 826's will not be making the trip to Roundup. Last week just didn't go very smooth. I needed some time during the week to put them back together and it just didn't happen. I'm not very happy about this but it is what it is. I guess their debut will have to be another time and place. My wife made a WANTED POSTER that will be setting out with our other tractors to get the word out. She also designed a tee shirt for me to wear stating the same thing. A walking billboard if you will. It will definitely get the word out what were looking for.

Archived