Looking for

red tractor fever

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

This is mainly to keep the post active. I've been adding numbers to the 826 registry. Nothing real significant to share. Most of the numbers are singles and not close to anything else. 

Thanks again to all keeping a eye out for 15699. Hopefully someday it'll show up.

1 hour ago, oneday said:

How do you find the archives to track the history of a tractor again?  I look on the Wisconsin historical museum site and found the McCormick collection but still did come up with anything. 

Talk to people, its the best way to find them. 

If Harvester kept records of which pieces of equipment went to certain dealer, those records haven't come to light yet. 

7 hours ago, oneday said:

thought he found it online

I got all my information from Arnold's of Kimball Inc. And that only happened cause I got lucky one day and could read the dealership stickers on 15700. When I inquired with them about it they looked through old receipts and found they sold 15698 as well. So that day I felt like the cat that ate the canary. They however knew nothing about 15699. I was never upset. I gained a lot of information that day so I was one happy camper.

7 hours ago, FarmallFan said:

Talk to people, its the best way to find them.

X2. I follow all leads as far as I can. Some guys don't call me back cause they don't understand or think it's important. But I always try.

In a trip to Wisconsin yesterday I saw a 826, was riding with another couple.  It was South of Oshkosk on rt. 26 just  a couple mile North of Hulls 151 implement,  junction of 151 and 26. It was on west side of road, looked to be a farmer and jockey of used equipment. Maybe some one in area could check it out for you. Good luck on your finding your  tractor

7 hours ago, Meltfms said:

In a trip to Wisconsin yesterday I saw a 826, was riding with another couple.  It was South of Oshkosk on rt. 26 just  a couple mile North of Hulls 151 implement,  junction of 151 and 26. It was on west side of road, looked to be a farmer and jockey of used equipment. Maybe some one in area could check it out for you. Good luck on your finding your  tractor

Thanks for posting this. Hopefully someone is close enough to look. And thanks for the well wishes on the hunt.

6 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

how about this one?

I've initiated contact. Thanks for posting it.

Went on Craig's list from Appleton Wi and they listed 2 826 for sale in Farm-Garden.  One at Lake Mills and one in Cambridge

22 hours ago, Meltfms said:

Went on Craig's list from Appleton Wi and they listed 2 826 for sale in Farm-Garden.  One at Lake Mills and one in Cambridge

Thanks for these leads. The Lake Mills one I remember. But the Cambridge one I just left a message asking for the serial number.

And no return call on the last one I tried calling.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived