Looking for

red tractor fever

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I called the one guy back in Pennsylvania. Nice guy just stated he didn't get along well with his voicemail. It wasn't the one. I think it was in the 10,000 range. 

I also called the Kansas City one. Thought it was sold already. I still asked for the serial number. However I never heard back. So I'm assuming it sold and he forgot to get the number. 

So the hunt is still on. Thanks Dave Shepard for the number. It's been added to the registry.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's update time again. 

Today is the one year anniversary for these two 826's. Can't believe it but a year has disappeared already since these two were reunited after being separated in January of 1971 when 15698 was sold. I haven't messed with them near as much as I had hoped. Daily life just gets in the way. Not complaining obviously cause their here under the same roof. 

I also would like to thank everyone who has been helping in the hunt for 15699. Lots of leads have been pursued, a few more than once, and nothing has turned up. So the hunt is still on.

back email .jpg

front email.jpg

826.jpg

That is a nice set of pictures and information that you have put together.  I see that the two that you have were sold from the same dealership and within 3 months of each other.  Do you have any records from Arnold's of Kimball that would indicate that they may have sold  15699?

GT&T

Thanks for the compliment. I let my wife know as she's the graphic artist in this house. She put that together for me. The top two with the charcoal background she had put on a couple t-shirts to wear at Red Power Roundup. And the bottom picture is of a poster she designed. We put that on a sidewalk sign and put it out by the tractors we brought to Red Power Roundup. Saw people take pictures of it and ask questions. It did get the word out which was the plan. 

And to answer your question GT&T. I talked to John Arnold, the son of the owner of Arnold's of Kimball back in 1970. He gave me tons of information on them. He remembered them on the lot back in the day. Had no clue they were that close number wise. But that didn't matter back then like it does now. And I sure did ask the question if he knew anything about 15699. UNFORTUNATELY he knew nothing. He wished he did but that's how it goes. He did wish us well in our search. I was happy I got the information i did. I'll just keep searching and see what happens. 

Your welcome. According to monthly production records a friend of mine found 15698 was the 100th 826 built in December of 1970. So I'd guess this one didn't set to long in any one place considering it sold to its first owner January 7th, 1971. And on the cab question, that is unknown when it was added. The original owners brother worked as a designer and delivery guy for Cozy Cab so a Hiniker wouldn't have landed there until later sometime. And speaking of Cozy Cabs, that's what the odd looking steps are from on 15700. John Arnold remembered 15700 getting traded back in on a 1086. It was wearing a Cozy Cab at that point so the odd step question got answered that day as well. Kinda ironic, 15698 had ties to Cozy Cab and got a Hiniker later on and 15700 did get a Cozy Cab at some point. Funny how things work out. 

And on a side not. I've been in contact with the grandson of the original owner of 15698. He was glad to know GRANDPA'S TRACTOR was still alive. 

Happy Thanksgiving all. Hope your having a great day.

Had something comical happen this morning. Was rummaging around in the kitchen and happened to look at the microwave time. It said 8:26. My favorite tractor model number. Then a few steps South and the radio is playing the song, "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For."

Anyway thought it was ironic that song was playing at that moment. Some of you will think I'm nuts, which I am, but for a numbers guy like me looking for a specific 826, it was pretty cool.

9 hours ago, red tractor fever said:

Happy Thanksgiving all. Hope your having a great day.

Had something comical happen this morning. Was rummaging around in the kitchen and happened to look at the microwave time. It said 8:26. My favorite tractor model number. Then a few steps South and the radio is playing the song, "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For."

Anyway thought it was ironic that song was playing at that moment. Some of you will think I'm nuts, which I am, but for a numbers guy like me looking for a specific 826, it was pretty cool.

Last summer I was riding up the highway on my Harley Ultra with the XM Radio cranked, the sky ahead was black with nasty looking clouds, the wind started blowing hard. Radio starts playing Riders on the Storm...Happy Thanksgiving Red! Good luck in your search!

10 hours ago, 806Jordy said:

Last summer I was riding up the highway on my Harley Ultra with the XM Radio cranked, the sky ahead was black with nasty looking clouds, the wind started blowing hard. Radio starts playing Riders on the Storm...Happy Thanksgiving Red! Good luck in your search!

Good thing it wasn't playing "It's the end of the world as we know it" :)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another one on Craigslist,   clear lake mn     https://stcloud.craigslist.org/grd/d/farmall-826-tractor/6413793267.html

thought of something else in the last few days,  if by any chance you ever run across a gold demo 826 that came out of the Melrose MN area sometime in the 80's let me know,  the Farm My dad used to work on before my time had one, The farm kind of fell victim to the 80's after dad started out on his own.   I grew up hearing about this tractor, never knew it was a gold until seeing a pic Dad had from those days.

Wheels

I am still looking for 856 #33919 but it has been 37 years since i have seen or been around it. I doubt i ever do but often think it may be in the condition where i just walk away and forget i ever saw it.  The dealer i traded it to traded for it 2 times and then it went to the John Deere place there and he does not know where it went from there he says but tried to tell me if i wanted one that a jockey up the road a ways has several. He says it is probably junk now. I have a idea he does know something about it but won't say

Thanks for all four leads. I've called about the two on Craigslist. They both are going to call me back in the morning. And I sent a email to the auction company asking for the numbers of both tractors. I will report back when I know more. 

Good luck hagen. It does kinda sound like he knows something but isn't talking. Maybe it's bad news. But at least you'd know. I've said the same thing on 15699. I wanna know regardless if it's good or bad. A guy needs to know if the search should continue or if it's over. 

Archived