red tractor fever

Looking for

Did you check Red Power Magazine add for Gold 826 in Ohio.....440-574-1289 ?

I did. It's 12401. Daughter is selling cause her dad passed away. She doesn't play with it enough so wants to sell. Thanks for trying. 

Have you talked with Arnolds feed and seed in Campbellsville ky last time was there they had one for sale.

Hey littletom, the one at Campbell's is 15633. It has been for sale for almost a year now. I do appreciate the heads up.

And Farmall1066. Your links worked perfectly. I called the one and the other was email only. So I'm in limbo once again. But that's ok. It's been fun hunting for this tractor. I knew it wouldn't be a easy or quick search. Thanks for the well wishes. I'll report back with good or bad news whatever the case may be.

Sure is nice when they put the serial number in the ad. I know other guys hunting numbers to. Saves a lot of legwork. Thanks for posting the Omaha Craigslist one. I doubt we ever know the number of Farmall1066's top listing of the two he posted. That ad was deleted by its author. The second of the two is still a good link but as stated in a earlier post, email only. So I'm waiting. Patiently, but waiting.

On 1/13/2018 at 4:09 PM, red tractor fever said:

Sure is nice when they put the serial number in the ad. I know other guys hunting numbers to. Saves a lot of legwork. Thanks for posting the Omaha Craigslist one. I doubt we ever know the number of Farmall1066's top listing of the two he posted. That ad was deleted by its author. The second of the two is still a good link but as stated in a earlier post, email only. So I'm waiting. Patiently, but waiting.

Couldnt find this thread earlier but DesMoines craigslist has an 826 from Panora listed with serial # in ad i think #7715 iirc. You might have it already.

Thanks for the information iowaboy1965. I didn't have that one. Closest one to it is 7717 and that tractor was at Rays Machinery in Plainview, Minnesota. But that was December 2015. 

Did U check http://machinerypete.com for the 5 listed Under International, only one  for $25,000 didn't list Serial #.

Thanks Rainman. Hadn't checked that website before. I did have the numbers in the registry. But that's not a problem. Always willing to follow a lead.

I would also like to thank anyone and everyone who has given me leads over the past year. This post is a year old today. I think the post has had 285 posts and over 28,000 views as of today. Never dreamt it'd go this far or last this long. I've talked to a lot of guys and made some new friends. So this journey has been totally worth it. Please keep the leads coming. I'll keep investigating them. The registry will grow and hopefully one day the elusive 15699 will be found.

Here's 15698 and 15700 one more time. 

The Duo.jpg

There are supposedly only 3 826s in our county. I talked to one of the owners (he owns 2) and explained your list. He thought it was cool and said he would get me the serial #s from his 2 machines. I know the other guy also and next time I see him I was try and remember to hassle him for his. He is a friend anyhow. 

I have #8295 here at home in northern Ill . been in our family since new. Still going strong

as many others, i have been following along on your quest. Out of curiosity , how many S/N have you collected for your registry so far?  i sure hope it wont take 15 years to find the one like your wagon :) I wish i could help, but there are next to no 826 in my neck of the woods, i have never even seen one in person. 

Good luck for 2018!!! 

Al

Thanks Sledgehammer. Those numbers will be appreciated. Their aren't many in my neck of the woods either. My three, my relatives have one, my wife's grandfather bought it new. Theirs another one about 10 miles away. The next closest one that I know of is approximately 60 miles away. And those are running tractors.

Thanks for the number farmerAl68. I will add it in. Here's the closest numbers to it.

Not to close.

I hope your enjoying following along Power of Red. It has been a fun and interesting quest. I just counted serial numbers in the registry. About 240 Farmall numbers and only 8 International numbers. And my feelings are shared as I also hope it doesn't take 15 years to find it. I'll be in my 60's if that's the case. I know these things take time and realistically it may never happen. If I'm supposed to find I just hope it happens while I'm going enough to enjoy having them. Only time will tell. Thanks for your well wishes for 2018. Just when I think the numbers are going to stop a bunch more come. I talked with a guy in Minnesota a few nights ago. Told me he knew of several 826's within spitting distance of his place. Haven't heard back yet but it's more numbers of they come through.

Wow! if my math is right, you already found almost 3% of all of them made almost 50 years ago.  pretty cool!

I have International I 826  serial no.7781 ta delete, no pto , 1 hyd. open station, std. drawbar, and just over 3000 hours.   Jim

Machinery Pete put up a 1970 826 gas hydro youtube video over the weekend.  I didn't catch the serial number on that one.

1970 826 diesel sn# 8853 sells on farm auction this Saturday down by Lacona, Iowa.  Fenders, dual pto, 2 remotes, 3 point,  18.4-34.