Found this 1206 back in April with the help of a forum member parked in a shed.. what turned out to me to be more of what I would call a IH treasure chest.  Days like these are always good!

IMG_1679.JPG

My main man Dan trying to bring some fire to the ole girl that was parked in 1995 and has not moved since the day it was backed in the shed. Dad started working at Raymond G. Knapp & son IH dealer in 1954 and is still going IH strong to this day!

IMG_1686.JPG

33 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

In My opinion,  The 1206 would be a nice addition to anyone's collection,  That one looks like a great find. 

Bravo on your new tractor.

Thanks. I really didn't need another tractor but I just hated to see someone not do anything with it or worse become a parts tractor. Its a good feeling to finally own one.

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2016 at 11:19 PM, IHDanielBoone said:

Thanks. I really didn't need another tractor but I just hated to see someone not do anything with it or worse become a parts tractor. Its a good feeling to finally own one.

Are you goin to leave the cab on?

2 hours ago, 65806 said:

Awesome find. 

What is hanging on the side of the motor in the first pic?

Its some kind of oil filter that he had plumed into the original oil filters called Harvard oil filter then he added Deere fuel filters to the fuel system on the fuel side....the guy definitely loved his filters!

I can go either way on cabs but that would probably look interesting with the cab restored on the tractor.  Just my opinion but you don't see a lot of the cabs left on.

• 3 weeks later...

When I buy a project like this and bring it home and start tearing into it its exciting and fun then about half way through I start thinking about all the hours and money I have to go yet and I think I MUST BE CRAZY then at the end when everything gets painted and assembly starts it becomes exciting and fun again that's when I realize it was all worth it!

Got most of the front section blasted this week and "Cut In" with paint tonight..hopefully I can get this thing sitting back on 4 wheels by this weekend.

IMG_1864.JPG

10 hours ago, 65806 said:

Oh man you didn't waist any time tearing into it. 

Did you find any surprises good or bad when you tore it down?

Nope not really.. when I first went and looked it over good I knew rite then what I was up against. He did throw in a full set of weights and the rear duals so that was good.

• 10 months later...

Hey guys just seen this. This is great. I will definitely be adding some pics to this in the next couple nights. We are getting between 6 and 9 in of snow now so I should have some time to get a few pics up. The project has progressed nicely to this point. He did get to hear it run. He wanted it all squared away before taking it back apart to paint. It was discovered it needed a torque after the fact so it was split again and changed and it was reassembled and so he did get to drive it up and down the driveway and in the field for min but it was pretty much good to go mechanical wise and so he started on the cab and that's where we are at. But really thanks for thinking of this. Great idea