Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ihcscoutman

Here is my truck

It's been awhile since I have been on this site. Happy to see there is a truck forum on here now.

Here are some pics of my 1975 IH 150 4X4.

I started working on it in March 2004, and finished it May 2005.

post-496-1131139443.jpg

post-496-1131139480.jpg

post-496-1131139508.jpg

post-496-1131139576.jpg

post-496-1131140277.jpg

NICE!

My dad had a '73 or '74 pickup, and whenever I see one of those it brings back memories!!!

JIM :)

Very nice looking IH truck. We don't see many of those on the road anymore. Theres a couple of them in my area that I see once in a while but thats about it.

I bought an IH truck just like that, only with a stake bed, for only $400, I am planning on fixing it up so it is just like new again

Welcome back to the board!! That's a beautiful truck you have there, my cousin had a '75 just like that when he got married, we filled it with popcorn through the vent window for them :) Also had cans tied up underneath where he couldn't see them with plastic twine around the exhaust pipe, it melted a few miles down the road just when they thought they were free at last!! It had a 392 in it & went too fast for him one late Friday night, he was OK but the truck sure wasn't, it's amazing he survived that one. You still have the dealer sticker on the back, is it the original one? I'd sure like to find one of those trucks!! Russ B)

It was an aweful lot of work, and some serious scrounging to make it look like it does. I bought it from the original owner, have all the paper work that went with the truck when it was new. Even got the warranty card. The dealer sticker is a clever copy. I took pics of a sticker off of another truck and had our local graphics shop make it up with the name, address and phone # of our old dealership in Barrhead. I hope it's politically correct.

The same shop did the stripes. I am working on a 1973 travelall right now, its a 4x4 as well, it will be orange and white when it is done.

These trucks are a fair bit of work to redo, but alot of fun to drive when done.

I find its nearly impossible to find one in perfect shape with all the goodies on it, so i like to have 3 or 4 for parts when i'm redoing one.

Thanks for the pcitures. That is one big chery picker you got there. I never restored any vehicals just tractors, have a A100 i want to restore. going to need a box for it as this one is rusted out and all new windows, the rest of it looks good though.

jeremy

What size engine does it have in it? What kind of transmission does it have in it?

Nice IH saved from the ravages of time. Did you notice in the picture with the trailer attached that there's

an anomaly just above the the yard light? You know what it looks like...

I just noticed the object above the street light in the pic, most likely just another UFO, hahaha.

The truck has a 345 V-8, 727 torqueflite auto trans, NP205 transfer case.

It has factory A/C and factory tinted windows.

Beauty!! Thanks for the pics. :P:P