new toys with batteries

why is it ertl is coming out with all these new expensive toys with batteries already installed don't they know that a lot of people collect these toys and don't take em outta the box.  now you have to pull em outta the boxes just to remove the batteries so they don't corrod and ruin the toy wish they would just sell these toys "batteries not included".  so is it just me or does other people hate it also?

1st they had sounds and lights. Price for a precision went from $150 to over  $200 within a year. The lights were ok, but the sounds were terrible. Total bull crap detail added by ertl. The sounds were generic engines with car horns. Too many complaints about the sounds, so they were dropped. So now its just lights. I would prefer they drop the whole lights too and bring the price down to earth. OEM Dealers are getting out of the toy side all over. No one is buying this over priced china junk off the shelf anymore. Dealer cost is even expensive. The details of ertls IH precisions have become unrealistic, incorrect, recycled and mismatched parts. The 856 was alright, it was good to see the diamond cab built. It would have been more fitting if it came out on the 1456, and the 856 was an open station. The 6 bolt hubs 11L15 used on the 1456 were correct, but 99% prefer the 8 bolt wheels. The 4 rib 11L15 tire was crap and again most would have preferred 10.00-16 tri rib. The front axle was wrong on the 1456. Only the square fixed wishbone was correct. The 6 bolt wheels used in the 806 and 856 and now the 1026 are junk. I have no idea what they are based off of. The 1568 has too many issues to mention here. The 1026 looks nice. I plan on customizing some to look more realistic. Ertl lost touch with the collectors years ago and they are hurting bad now due to quality control issues, delayed shipping, detailing and pricing. Ertl does not build whats in a brochure and factory correct. They build what ever real model they find right or wrong and use it as a guide or base. I dont fell sorry for Ertl. They brought it on themselves. If i was the man with the plan at the Jap owned tomy/ertl id start a 2nd precision line. 1st off the models would be correct out of the box. I would bring new models out in the main series but a different version of the same model or maybe even a similar model. You could drop, change or add details to make them not too similar. You could mess with, wheel and tire combos, quick hitches, 2 post rops, 4 post rops, ih dual hubs, cab variations, seat types etc and have a wide range of models and get the most out of tooling costs. Biggest hurdle is getting approval from OEM. You know they dont give 2 schits about whats vintage or even if its correct. Just their new plastic all electronic crap is priority. On top of it all, this is a dying hobby. 

IMG_5143_zpsprb9l6pl.jpg

22 hours ago, Long Farms said:

1st they had sounds and lights. Price for a precision went from $150 to over  $200 within a year. The lights were ok, but the sounds were terrible. Total bull crap detail added by ertl. The sounds were generic engines with car horns. Too many complaints about the sounds, so they were dropped. So now its just lights. I would prefer they drop the whole lights too and bring the price down to earth. OEM Dealers are getting out of the toy side all over. No one is buying this over priced china junk off the shelf anymore. Dealer cost is even expensive. The details of ertls IH precisions have become unrealistic, incorrect, recycled and mismatched parts. The 856 was alright, it was good to see the diamond cab built. It would have been more fitting if it came out on the 1456, and the 856 was an open station. The 6 bolt hubs 11L15 used on the 1456 were correct, but 99% prefer the 8 bolt wheels. The 4 rib 11L15 tire was crap and again most would have preferred 10.00-16 tri rib. The front axle was wrong on the 1456. Only the square fixed wishbone was correct. The 6 bolt wheels used in the 806 and 856 and now the 1026 are junk. I have no idea what they are based off of. The 1568 has too many issues to mention here. The 1026 looks nice. I plan on customizing some to look more realistic. Ertl lost touch with the collectors years ago and they are hurting bad now due to quality control issues, delayed shipping, detailing and pricing. Ertl does not build whats in a brochure and factory correct. They build what ever real model they find right or wrong and use it as a guide or base. I dont fell sorry for Ertl. They brought it on themselves. If i was the man with the plan at the Jap owned tomy/ertl id start a 2nd precision line. 1st off the models would be correct out of the box. I would bring new models out in the main series but a different version of the same model or maybe even a similar model. You could drop, change or add details to make them not too similar. You could mess with, wheel and tire combos, quick hitches, 2 post rops, 4 post rops, ih dual hubs, cab variations, seat types etc and have a wide range of models and get the most out of tooling costs. Biggest hurdle is getting approval from OEM. You know they dont give 2 schits about whats vintage or even if its correct. Just their new plastic all electronic crap is priority. On top of it all, this is a dying hobby. 

IMG_5143_zpsprb9l6pl.jpg

boy did you ever hit the nail on the head i sure in the heck aint gonna spend 100+ on a plastic toy when i can buy older die cast toys for 20-40 bucks.  as far as a hobby I've noticed a lot of the sales lately are getting really soft and i blame that on ertl also there over producing all these toys now people can't keep up with a certain series and there getting them so outta line on price also

Archived