7120 Magnum Seat

George 2

The seat on my 7120 won't hold air any more. You have to keep pushing the button to get it to rise off the bottom stops. Once pumped up it gradually leaks back down. I looked at the CIH parts books and don't know what I need because I don't yet know where the leak is. I also note that original parts aren't available anymore and there are new switches, new compressors and new bladders now available. Can anyone tell me where the common leakage problems usually exist so at least I can talk intelligentely to the service manager at the dealership? Just found this out today while hauling soybeans and my driver (wife) is about to go on strike if I don't get it fixed pronto.   

My 7220 leaked at the airbag when it was just a couple years old the original clamp was leaking so I took it off put on an ordinary hose clamp put a lot of black electrical tape on it to keep it from cutting into the airbag and it worked for the next five years that I had it. My uncle's mx110 had a hose leaking at the valve so I just cut the hose off put it back on clamped it and he was able to remove the 6 inch block of wood under the seat to hold it up. My mx220  is leaking down over a couple of days it's getting worse because in the beginning of summer it was taking about five days to completely leak down now would be down in about two, another winter project!

If your seat is ok and the suspension is bad you can buy just the bottom from K&M or they sell a complete seat that is as good or better than the original . Take the 4 bolts out of the seat frame that holds it to the floor , unplug the wire that supply's 12 volt power and out the door with the complete unit.

It is way easier to work on the seat out of the cab and you will need a second person to get it out of the cab , it's heavy.

Danny 

Take the cover off and get under there with a spray bottle of water and start searching.  Mine did the same thing and it turned out an air line was cracked.  Easy fix!

jerry

12 hours ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

It is way easier to work on the seat out of the cab and you will need a second person to get it out of the cab , it's heavy.

Danny 

have been told the complete seat is in the area of 200lbs. heard someone a while back say they found it easiest to pull the rear window off and just throw the seat out the back. hope i don't have to do mine anytime soon

Jass1660 wins the contest to diagnose the seat leak. I had the CIH dealer's service man out today and we could hear it hissing when pumped up. He checked it with the soap spray and sure enough it was the push button switch. He then installed a new switch and my wife called off her strike vote. So we are all set to go back at the beans tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for their ideas.  

Archived