Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John_G

Looking for info on a 71 Johnnie Reb

I have a 1971 Johnnie Reb and I am planning to restore it in the near future. I am looking for any info anyone has about it. Or links to articles about them. Thanks.

Drop me an PM with your email and I'll send you some info.   Eason

I have a picture of the vin number but it's to large for me to upload on here. 

That don't look bad at all!! Great find!! Make us proud!!! I've often wondered if I had one of those how quickly I would tire of playing Johnny Cash's interpretation of "Johnnie Reb" on the cassette deck. I liked his so much more than Johnny Horton's. 

"You fought all the way, Johnnie Reb, Johnnie Reb. Yes, you fought all the way, Johnnie Reb."

If you give the Wisconsin Historical Society a jingle  608-264-6535 ,They will search in their archives for the original LST aka Line setting ticket

It is your trucks birth certificate ,Listing every thing your truck left the factory with . Cost 20 or 25 bucks

Here is a sample

LST D301.png

After you get your LST you can go here Vehicle Lineticket Code Reference

Thank you very much Dax it is an awesome looking truck! I will definitely make everyone here proud! And fix it up right! I'm going to put it all back original! 

1 hour ago, Dax DeCelle said:

That don't look bad at all!! Great find!! Make us proud!!! I've often wondered if I had one of those how quickly I would tire of playing Johnny Cash's interpretation of "Johnnie Reb" on the cassette deck. I liked his so much more than Johnny Horton's. 

11 minutes ago, Kevingweq said:

If you give the Wisconsin Historical Society a jingle  608-264-6535 ,They will search in their archives for the original LST aka Line setting ticket

It is your trucks birth certificate ,Listing every thing your truck left the factory with . Cost 20 or 25 bucks

Here is a sample

LST D301.png

After you get your LST you can go here Vehicle Lineticket Code Reference

I did not know that Kevingweq! I will definitely be doing that thank you very much for the information on the line ticket!

"You fought all the way, Johnnie Reb, Johnnie Reb. Yes, you fought all the way, Johnnie Reb."

Yes Dax his version is much better!

On a scale from 1-10, 10 being the rarest where would y'all rate the Johnnie Reb package on the IH trucks?

I'm thinkin they are pretty darn rare. I really don't think there were many made. Maybe Howard will chime in. He knows a lot. 

"I saw you marching with Robert E. Lee. You held your head high, trying win the victory." 

If you haven't noticed, I love that song. 

Man that truck is gonna be cool. What's under the hood?

47 minutes ago, Dax DeCelle said:

I'm thinkin they are pretty darn rare. I really don't think there were many made. Maybe Howard will chime in. He knows a lot. 

"I saw you marching with Robert E. Lee. You held your head high, trying win the victory." 

If you haven't noticed, I love that song. 

Man that truck is gonna be cool. What's under the hood?

It's a V8 I haven't looked well enough to tell you a specific size. Unfortunately it's and Auto. That's the only downside how I wish it's was standard! But you know it's still a Johnnie Reb!

look at your vin plate 193 hp @ 4400 rpm 304, 197 hp @ 4000 rpm 345, or 235 hp @ 3800 rpm 392  Eason

15 minutes ago, Eason said:

look at your vin plate 193 hp @ 4400 rpm 304, 197 hp @ 4000 rpm 345, or 235 hp @ 3800 rpm 392  Eason

Thank you Eason it's a 345.

16 minutes ago, lightninboy said:

What colors are they? Not quite a General Lee orange?

That's a great question. I have referred to the colors as general lee orange and confederate gray but I truly have no idea what the names of the colors are. Hopefully someone on here can say because that is one thing I'm looking for is the paint numbers and names of the truck.

28 minutes ago, John_G said:

That's a great question. I have referred to the colors as general lee orange and confederate gray but I truly have no idea what the names of the colors are. Hopefully someone on here can say because that is one thing I'm looking for is the paint numbers and names of the truck.

Old International Trucks Color Charts

Perhaps this link will provide you with the information you are seeking regarding the paint codes.

"You marched in the battle with the gray and the red, when the smoked cleared away, it took days to count the dead."

On 9/18/2016 at 7:41 PM, RichardDSalyer said:

Old International Trucks Color Charts

Perhaps this link will provide you with the information you are seeking regarding the paint codes.

On 9/18/2016 at 7:57 PM, RichardDSalyer said:

Thank you very much for the paint info RichardDSalyer. Where do all of you find out all of this info on IH stuff?