Sign in to follow this  
Brian W

Wheat harvest with 615

Hello everyone, new member here but have been reading the site for years. Thought I would share some pics of this years wheat harvest with some old iron. Our old 615 working good in the best wheat we have ever had. She did 40 acres that averaged 115 bushel an acre and averaged 2600 lbs straw a acre. 

image.jpeg

Nice looking combine.  Welcome to the forum.

I love that picture. I think i would have that picture enlarged and framed.

I had a 715 and really liked it. I have never seen a 615 in person.  Would love to crawl up into that cab and see the difference. 

What part of the country?

Great looking picture, combine and wheat!     Buyers guide material.   

Nate

We are just outside Rochester NY, the wheat was great this year because it's been so dry here. Unfortunately the beans and corn don't look as good as this. 

Great picture and welcome to the forum!! Always good to have another New Yorker on here. Love that 615! Wheat sure did yield well this year, just wish everything else did the same.

That's a great picture. Welcome to the forum. 

how wide a head are you running? I ran a 715 for 20 years and it was a pretty good machine for the most. Sure was a good machine on alfalfa seed

It was red winter wheat. Running a 10 foot head. It was about all she wanted to handle this year. Used all 80 horses she had :) 

Thanks everyone for all the posts over the years I have read. Most any problem we have ever had with our IH equipment has been covered here and makes the repair easy with all the knowledge posted.