Deer hunters we got on here . I'm setting in a tree in southern ky myself right now just wondering 

God Bless

Present, don't have time to bow hunt any more but still make it out for gun season. (Shotgun,muzzleloader,pistol)

I wish I could bow hunt more but when you're an apple man the fall tends to get pretty busy. I do make it out for rifle and muzzleloader seasons though. 

Me, depends on how I do, bow, rifle and muzzle loader if necessary.

Rick

1 hour ago, Orchard6 said:

I wish I could bow hunt more but when you're an apple man the fall tends to get pretty busy. I do make it out for rifle and muzzleloader seasons though. 

I get a couple of weeks in September to hunt before harvest starts. Its my favorite time of year to hunt 

I don't necessarily hunt them on purpose but I have been fairly consistent on getting one about every time I upgrade vehicles.  

I usually get a check from the insurance company a week or so after that. :P

Gun season 

I go shotgun season for doe.

Deer and elk For meat.

Crossbow and then rifle if I was unsuccessful in archery.  I just got back from getting my camera card from near my stand, 950 pictures in a few days! 

Probably all a weed moving to trigger it 

Rifle season for me but thinking on a cross bow? I enjoy just being out there whether I see anything or not. Had a Fischer steal my candy bar once! Had one start up the tree I was in and had to yell at him to get him outa there as I knew who would be falling out if he got any closer!

I sure wish I was home in Missouri to go bow hunting.  I'm up in northern Ohio going to college for Auto/Diesel at UNOH

I enjoy bow hunting.  Today is still a little warm in the south, I will continue to bow hunt though the season unless the freezer is slim near the end, then the rifle comes out.

......four deer (red deer)..in the brassica crop yesterday......they  get a tune up from the old Ruger bolt rifle...once in awhile......always good to have venison in the freezer.......so I pick one off for that reason !

...mind you, half a dozen deer working at nights through the brassica  ...chew up a lot of tucker , otherwise destined for the cattle...

no seasons down under on game animals.....so sometimes I feel like shooting the bloody poachers.....who frequent the back blocks  and generally piss off the local cockies.......when caught , they face serious penalties.....does not seem to deter them...

Mike

The last time I hunted deer was in 1984. I was never interested in hunting from tree stands; preferred to try to walk 'em up. Shot a Marlin 45-70, then a Ruger .41 mag revolver.

To me, it was about the hunting, not the shooting. Last deer I saw while hunting was within range of my .41 mag, but she was moving so I didn't take the shot. But I felt like I accomplished more just getting that close than if I'd been sitting in a tree with a .270 or such and made a clean kill. To each their own, but if it's just for the meat I'll buy a side of beef.

I'm not criticizing you who hunt from a stand with a rifle. To me it's a personal preference thing. To each his own.

I hit a deer with my motorcycle.... Does that count?? 

It is a not so good weather day here for the start of Archery season.  Light drizzle.  I am hoping that it clears up.  I have a redneck roof on the stand so I can hopefully stay here in case the weather turns out better 

My brother and I pretty much live on wild meat. Deer, antelope, moose and elk. Might put on a lean streak this year, we got skunked on all the draws, first time in years.

I took out my oldest son on Friday night for the mentor hunting and had a small buck @ 30 yards behind an apple tree.  This morning we both went along with my younger son and saw 14 of wich 3 were bucks ( closest deer @ 60 yards )

Eventually things will happen to fall in place. 

Muzzleloader and rifle for me.  I haven't bow hunted in 15 years.  The season just doesn't feel right for me, just too warm I guess.  It's like when the bucks go in rut it gets me going to try and take a nice buck.  Will take a few does near the end of the season to put food on the table, even if I take a buck or two during the season.  Have to keep the doe population in check.

TACKLE111912P.JPG