Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dads706

Sorry guys....I gotta politically vent

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, IHRunner said:

This is getting good. But im running out of cheesy puffs. 

 

 

cheese-puffs-1.jpg

That's awesome! Runner the mind-reader??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Art From DeLeon said:

AND, if Mr. Trump should become President Trump, OR, if the treasonous beech should drop out because of medical issues, EVERYTHING will be in place for the America HATING, MUSLIM to declare a "national emergency" thus putting into effect what Mr. Russ has theorized.

We have reached a point, where IF they can't steal an election thru fraudulent means, they will attempt to take it by force. (We see the indications by the un-inhibited bias shown by the SEWAGE with their undisguised support for the communist party candidate).

As I  posted previously, this 'president' has, along with the full support of the MEDIA, and the Republican 'leadership, violated his oath of office, so many times, WITHOUT consequence, he will NOT hesitate to do it again.

Yep, he's gonna grab power just like bush did. Even WWII didn't stop the election cycle. And for him to do it he would have to have the support of the military and that isn't there. He may want to stay. The media may want him to stay. He just doesn't have the backing to make it stick. And even if he had the full support of the military and every cop in America only then could he really grab the power. Besides reporting what's the media going to do if the people raise up or if the military says they have to intervene to stop a take over or refuse to support it? They darn sure ain't going to arm themselves and fight to keep Obama in office.  As far as revolution? If the military backs the government there is no way for the people to win. There is this thing call a force multiplier. They military has a lot of them. And you will never get all of America to stand up and fight the government. People with jobs, bills to pay and mouths to feed are going to go to work. The skin heads will never fight alongside of the Panthers. The welfare folks are never going to fight the very government that feeds them. Just where is this rebel army going to come from? Who's going to lead them? Get a grip man. How are you going to coordinate, feed, arm and supply this rebel army? Trying to fight independently isn't going to work. They will be picked off one by one. You want to support a revolution fine. But it's gotta be more than just stand up and fight.

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who of all you pundits are going to throw your hat in the ring? I'LL VOTE FOR YA!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way dear leader has gutted the military, AND the fact that he has replaced the real leaders with political hacks, in order to promote his gay/transgender/socially responsible agenda, I wouldn't count on too much opposition from military leadership

Take your pick:

https://www.google.com/search?q=List+of+military+commanders+sacked+under+obama&oq=List+of+military+commanders+sacked+under+obama&aqs=chrome..69i57.11063j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Better yet:

https://www.google.com/search?q=List+of+military+commanders+sacked+under+obama&oq=List+of+military+commanders+sacked+under+obama&aqs=chrome..69i57.11063j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=military+sworn+to+fire+on+American+citizens

BTW, this was first brought up during the clintoon administration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Hildabeast gets in we are Sca-rewed. If she does, we will then have wasted practically half of a quarter of a century on useless presidents, including O-blamo's 2 terms. It will be a hole we will never be able to dig out of. As far as O-Blamo getting relected, that was bad enough. What is the saying- Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. What will the saying be if Hitlery gets elected?  "Fool me THRICE, shame on _____." Fill in the blank. I am so disgusted with this election already. I told the wife maybe she should find another contract job in the UAE and we move back to the UAE for the next 4 to 8 years to get away from this idiocy. Trouble is, would there be anything left to come back to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Art From DeLeon said:

The way dear leader has gutted the military, AND the fact that he has replaced the real leaders with political hacks, in order to promote his gay/transgender/socially responsible agenda, I wouldn't count on too much opposition from military leadership

Take your pick:

https://www.google.com/search?q=List+of+military+commanders+sacked+under+obama&oq=List+of+military+commanders+sacked+under+obama&aqs=chrome..69i57.11063j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Better yet:

https://www.google.com/search?q=List+of+military+commanders+sacked+under+obama&oq=List+of+military+commanders+sacked+under+obama&aqs=chrome..69i57.11063j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=military+sworn+to+fire+on+American+citizens

BTW, this was first brought up during the clintoon administration.

OK, the secretary of defense can issue an order to the military to support Obama......OH wait! Illegal orders that they are bound by regulation to disobey. Same if Obama issues that order. Subordinate commanders even if the Chief of Staff issues that order are bound to disobey it. Then you have to get the service members who are also bound by that very regulation to obey that illegal order. Ain't gonna happen. And the fact still remains that about 70% of the leadership in the military doesn't like Obama or Hillary. If, and that's a big IF, Obama were to try to order the military out against the people to stay in power he would not get "cheerful and willingness obedience to orders". Plus any officer trying to obey an order like that would be setting themselves up for a trail by court martial where the penalty could be death if one of the charges is treason.

As far as the Gay/Transgendered thing and the military goes, when the courts ruled that they have rights too the military had to comply. The order by Obama to let them serve openly was a legal order. In other words their hands were tied and there was nothing they could do about it because the court rulings made the regulations barring gays/transgendered from serving void. To stand up against it would have been a violation of military regulations. Any officer standing up against it would have been subject to court martial. Now you and I may not like it but there is nothing in the constitution or amendments that addresses either gay or transgendered. It doesn't say "we, the straight people". So the military had to comply.

The oath of enlistment: I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

One of the first things they teach is that the following orders part is "lawful" orders. They in fact tell recruits that they are bound by regulation to disobey unlawful order and that obeying them makes them just a guilty as the person who issues them. They pledge allegiance to the constitution, not the president. They then promise to obey the orders of the president but they do not swear allegiance to him. It further states in obeying "according to the regulations" that I mentioned before and acknowledges the UCMJ that will see them punished if they do something like follow an illegal order. They started teaching that way back when to boots. I remember those classes in basic in 1974.

The oath for officers is slightly different and makes no mention of the president:

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Yes, Obama has sacked a fair number of senior officers but that doesn't mean their replacements are in his pockets. It means that they are following orders that are legal and keeping their moths shut.

If you remember the end of the Cold War they started the "peace dividend draw downs". Senior officers made speeches stating that we could fight a 2 fronted war at the target levels. Note that they never said 2 large fronted wars against major foes. In fact they never stated what size war. Now at the time that was going on I was a tank platoon SGT. Us NCO's were pretty upset about that because we knew better. The Army went from 800,000 to 400,000 with over 60% being non combat support jobs. It gave us an Army with about 135,000 combat troops. We knew that wasn't enough. Now do you think us NCO's were the smart guys and the senior brass idiots? They knew too. Yes we could have fought Panama and Grenada as a 2 fronted war. So the officers were not lying. They were just not talking about size. The only way they could stay active and do any good was to toe the line. It wasn't because they agreed with the policy. Soldiers are not really allowed to express their opinions unless called to testify before congress. We saw that with fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan at the same time the military wasn't big enough. Something the active forces should have been large enough to deal with now required NG units being activated some doing multiple deployments. OH, by the way, the Draw Downs started under Bush before Clinton was elected. In fact the first units that were to be closed down had already been selected when stop loss was enacted in response to deployments for Desert Shield/Storm.

8 short years ago democrats were yelling exactly the same thing about Bush that you are claiming now.

 

Rick

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are still assuming that dear leader has any respect, or intent of following the Constitution.  He has done a very good job of turning this country into a 3rd world banana republic, much like those that exist/existed in his African homeland, or among his friends in Venzuwela (the dearly departed Hugo Chavez), Nicaragua (Daniel Ortega), but most likely another Islamic Republic like Iran, (Why do you think he is so ambiveliant about MUSLIM terrorism?)

 

I do believe that their might be some pushback from the military, however, law enforcement is a totally different kettle of fish, I have NO faith or trust in them at all, given what they have to gain, starting with the fact that the FBI and Homeland Security have listed veterans, gun owners and Christians as "potential domestic terrorists", and the Orwellian steps that the po-po have taken, or asked to take in their quest to control/monitor every aspect of our daily life, under the guise of 'protecting' us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is what will happen my gop friends    hillary will win   both houses will turn over to the democrats.  the supreme court will have a liberal bias for a generation.  all the young people, as well as blacks, latinos, cubans, chinese, and the other imigrants will join the the democrats. The dems actually try to do something for the people.  the gop has screwed themselves.  they will join the ash heap of history.(whigs) or be smaller joined by another party against the dems who will dominate for a long peroid of time.   public option health care,  expansion of medicare,  free education for a lot people who would never get it other wise.   and MORE taxes for some sobs that can pay.   carbon taxes and renewable energy.    the world is changing.  freedom for one is freedom for all.  trying to divide us by sex, color (red or green) or religion isnt going to work.  I always said hillary was the brains when bill was president.       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Art From DeLeon said:

You are still assuming that dear leader has any respect, or intent of following the Constitution.  He has done a very good job of turning this country into a 3rd world banana republic, much like those that exist/existed in his African homeland, or among his friends in Venzuwela (the dearly departed Hugo Chavez), Nicaragua (Daniel Ortega), but most likely another Islamic Republic like Iran, (Why do you think he is so ambiveliant about MUSLIM terrorism?)

 

I do believe that their might be some pushback from the military, however, law enforcement is a totally different kettle of fish, I have NO faith or trust in them at all, given what they have to gain, starting with the fact that the FBI and Homeland Security have listed veterans, gun owners and Christians as "potential domestic terrorists", and the Orwellian steps that the po-po have taken, or asked to take in their quest to control/monitor every aspect of our daily life, under the guise of 'protecting' us. 

Art, without the military just how would he stay in power? The military would be bound by oath to remove him from office if he tries to stay because it would be against the constitution and the amendments. He really doesn't have a choice in the matter. I know far too many cops who are conservatives to believe he could rely on law enforcement and in fact the 2 offices I know who are liberals would not follow orders like that simply because it would be against the law. Nor can he count on the FBI, DHS or any other alphabet agency. They heads of those agencies may be his but the rank and file are not.

FBI oath:  I [name] do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

So by law and by oath they are bound to the constitution, not the president. In fact that is the oath the US Marshal and Department of Home Land Security also swears. It's know as the Federal Employee Oath of Office. I don't believe that all have to take it but any of them with access to weapons has to.

So lets say Obama and the head of the CIA, DHS, FBI and the others all decide that he should stay in office. Once they start the ball rolling none of their orders matter because no one below them can follow those orders without being in violation of the law.

So just who is going to stick their necks out far enough to wind up in jail? None of them. They want it but they are not dumb enough to risk it all for Obama. And even if they try just how many are going to follow and how many are going to turn on their bosses and place them under arrest? It's pretty far out there to think they could succeed.

Now had Obama spent the last 8 years making the military his friends and admirers then maybe, but that's just a maybe. Most of the senior brass know the consequences of supporting something like that and just won't risk life imprisonment or death. Nor will most if any agency people.

 

Rick

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"I've heard too many say lately that we, the American people have no choice in this November election! Do you really think that God would leave us with no choice! Come on people! Where's your faith!! He has heard our cries! 
 
In defense of Donald Trump : Try to keep this in mind,
Donald Trump did not steal your money.
Donald Trump did not raise your taxes.
Donald Trump did not quadruple the price of food.
Trump is not starting a race war.
Trump did not leave any US soldiers in Benghazi to be slaughtered and desecrated by Muslims. 
 
Trump did not send the US Navy to fight for Syrian Al-Qaeda.
Trump did not arm ISIS and systematically exterminate Christians throughout the Middle East.
Trump did not betray Israel.
Trump did not provide financing and technology to Iran's nuclear weapons program.
Trump did not give our military secrets to China.
Trump did not remove our nuclear missile shield in Poland at the behest of Russia.
 
Trump did not shrivel our military, and betray our veterans.
Trump did not cripple our economy.
Trump did not increase our debt to 20 trillion dollars.
Trump did not ruin our credit, twice.
Trump did not double African American unemployment.
Trump did not increase welfare to a record level for eight years. 
 
Trump did not sign a law making it legal to execute, and imprison Americans.
Trump did not set free all of terrorists in Guantanamo bay.
Trump did not steal your rights, violate US Constitutional law, or commit treason, hundreds of times. 
 
Yet Trump is being ripped apart in the news, non stop. Barrack Hussein Obama, Hillary Clinton and the criminals occupying our government, are not. The media is the Democratic Party. Save our culture. Stop listening to them..!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say ,along the media selling soap , they don't seem to care about what  really happen to DNC Seth Rich ? on the Anti-gun promotion wouldn't it make good copy for your platform?  Correct me if wrong , please but this doesn't seem to be a priority ,why ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:
"I've heard too many say lately that we, the American people have no choice in this November election! Do you really think that God would leave us with no choice! Come on people! Where's your faith!! He has heard our cries! 
 
In defense of Donald Trump : Try to keep this in mind,
Donald Trump did not steal your money.
Donald Trump did not raise your taxes.
Donald Trump did not quadruple the price of food.
Trump is not starting a race war.
Trump did not leave any US soldiers in Benghazi to be slaughtered and desecrated by Muslims. 
 
Trump did not send the US Navy to fight for Syrian Al-Qaeda.
Trump did not arm ISIS and systematically exterminate Christians throughout the Middle East.
Trump did not betray Israel.
Trump did not provide financing and technology to Iran's nuclear weapons program.
Trump did not give our military secrets to China.
Trump did not remove our nuclear missile shield in Poland at the behest of Russia.
 
Trump did not shrivel our military, and betray our veterans.
Trump did not cripple our economy.
Trump did not increase our debt to 20 trillion dollars.
Trump did not ruin our credit, twice.
Trump did not double African American unemployment.
Trump did not increase welfare to a record level for eight years. 
 
Trump did not sign a law making it legal to execute, and imprison Americans.
Trump did not set free all of terrorists in Guantanamo bay.
Trump did not steal your rights, violate US Constitutional law, or commit treason, hundreds of times. 
 
Yet Trump is being ripped apart in the news, non stop. Barrack Hussein Obama, Hillary Clinton and the criminals occupying our government, are not. The media is the Democratic Party. Save our culture. Stop listening to them..!!

 

Very well written and truthful info. The key everyone should remember is in the last paragraph. "The media is the Democratic Party". In Canada it is "The media are the cheer leaders for the Liberal Party". There are no more truthful statements than that. But their days are limited . The common people are waking up and how long will it take to shake off the yoke of the media and Democratic/Liberal parties. And the uprising will come from the common working people and not the elitist types that the left wing parties represent.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, George 2 said:

Very well written and truthful info. The key everyone should remember is in the last paragraph. "The media is the Democratic Party". In Canada it is "The media are the cheer leaders for the Liberal Party". There are no more truthful statements than that. But their days are limited . The common people are waking up and how long will it take to shake off the yoke of the media and Democratic/Liberal parties. And the uprising will come from the common working people and not the elitist types that the left wing parties represent.   

The biggest problem we are facing is that the liberals keep raising the bar to qualify for assistance. Obama Care if you look at it is about getting more people than ever reliant on the government for their handouts. That means more and more people are not going to raise voice nor hand against those who give them all this free stuff. In fact the only thing funny about Obama Care is that most getting the subsidies were the working poor who for the most part voted for them in the first place. But I believe in the end that they will turn the common man against them when they get hit with their fair share of the taxes.

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:
 
 
Trump did not shrivel our military, and betray our veterans.
 

 

No Trump didn't shrivel the military nor betray us veterans. Shriveling the military started under good ole Gorge Bush and finished under Clinton. The younger Bush had to build it up some because HE had to invade Iraq and got our military involved in a 2nd front. What Obama is doing now is bringing it back to pre 9/11 levels. Now I've said it many times that that size force was a dream then as it is now. Looking back veterans have been getting the short end of the stick for decades. This goes clear back to the very beginning. But in more recent history VA hospitals were under staffed and under funded during the Viet Nam war. Every year for years VA has told congress that they needed more funding and even came up with ways to save millions that were ignored. Not too far back VA showed congress that they had facilities that were built during and shortly after WWII that because of how cities had grown were now shut down and no longer used with new facilities replacing the old. Some on prime real estate. Facilities that are still today costing VA millions to maintain. VA has been trying to get rid of those facilities but dishonest leaders of Veterans groups are using them as a rallying cry to get more support completely ignoring the fact that they are not needed or used and that the very fact that they are there and on the property books of VA is costing money that could go to care of veterans in need of that care. This too has been going on for years. The woman running the VA hospital in AZ that got caught fudging the books had been caught before that and transferred to another facility and then finally put in charge of the AZ hospital. The first time she was caught Baby Bush was in office. AS much as I dislike Obama I have to lay blame where it belongs. The state of VA care has been lacking clear back into the 50's.

 

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bdd24ce042b7c655d0ce40c5ab116f58.jpg

 

Had to send this guy after more cheese puffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

What Obama is doing now is bringing it back to pre 9/11 levels.

More like pre WW II levels

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiW--KEucHOAhXBLSYKHRbiCWwQFgghMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2014%2F02%2F24%2Fus%2Fpolitics%2Fpentagon-plans-to-shrink-army-to-pre-world-war-ii-level.html&usg=AFQjCNFCxg5PiiIE7WXh8Tem1QGsMg2e_w

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/military-spending-cuts/pentagon-set-slash-military-pre-world-war-ii-levels-n37086

Quote

Rep. Buck McKeon, a California Republican and chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, said President Obama and Hagel are trying to “solve our financial problems on the backs of our military — and that can’t be done.”

And they even admit, and gloat about it, which tells you all you need to know about how LIBERALS feel about the military (But we do have money to arm ISIS.)

Quote

As a consequence of large budget cuts, our future force will assume additional risk in certain areas,” Hagel said, citing gaps in training and maintenance and a smaller force that would be stretched thin if major conflicts broke out in several places at once.

 

Leaving lots and lots of money for the expansion of the welfare state and its useless social welfare programs to keep the welfare trash happy, and voting for their communist party benefactors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To head off the outraged denials that the America HATING MUSLIM is "arming his ISIS brothers"

Again, take your pick:

https://www.google.com/search?q=united+states+arming+isis&oq=united+states+arming+isis&aqs=chrome..69i57.8276j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Personally, I like this one:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/30/benghazi-commission-obama-admin-gun-running-scheme-armed-islamic-state/

Which leads us back to the missing emails.

And, once again, ask yourself WHY LIBERALS, including the filth of the MEDIA are unanimous in their support for bringing in tens of thousands of these UN-vetted MUSLIM 'refugees'. (Not that vetting them would do any good, since one of the tenets of Islam, condones lying, if, by doing so will "protect the faith".)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oldtanker said:

No Trump didn't shrivel the military nor betray us veterans. Shriveling the military started under good ole Gorge Bush and finished under Clinton. The younger Bush had to build it up some because HE had to invade Iraq and got our military involved in a 2nd front. What Obama is doing now is bringing it back to pre 9/11 levels. Now I've said it many times that that size force was a dream then as it is now. Looking back veterans have been getting the short end of the stick for decades. This goes clear back to the very beginning. But in more recent history VA hospitals were under staffed and under funded during the Viet Nam war. Every year for years VA has told congress that they needed more funding and even came up with ways to save millions that were ignored. Not too far back VA showed congress that they had facilities that were built during and shortly after WWII that because of how cities had grown were now shut down and no longer used with new facilities replacing the old. Some on prime real estate. Facilities that are still today costing VA millions to maintain. VA has been trying to get rid of those facilities but dishonest leaders of Veterans groups are using them as a rallying cry to get more support completely ignoring the fact that they are not needed or used and that the very fact that they are there and on the property books of VA is costing money that could go to care of veterans in need of that care. This too has been going on for years. The woman running the VA hospital in AZ that got caught fudging the books had been caught before that and transferred to another facility and then finally put in charge of the AZ hospital. The first time she was caught Baby Bush was in office. AS much as I dislike Obama I have to lay blame where it belongs. The state of VA care has been lacking clear back into the 50's.

 

Rick

Pre 9/11 levels? Obama has helped to remove Khadafhi and is helping to remove Assad. Obama also started a cold war with Russia.

And Europe can pay the price of Obama's policy,.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, farmertony said:

 I always said hillary was the brains when bill was president.

 

Maybe she was then but if any of the information about her present mental/brain/general health is true the odds are she doesn't have much of a coherent thought in her head to work with and when she does more they don't last for very long anyway.  

If the rumors are true and she becomes president I see here either attempting to do something so outrageously stupid, because she has so little rational mental capacities left to work with, that it either gets her removed from office or put in prison or if not she simply has a stroke and is removed for lack of capacity to serve the position.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Art with the exception of your rant about Obama using the military or law enforcement to stay in power I think only tilla disagrees with you 100%.

Now you linked a news report from NBC. Now either they lied or were lied to and failed to check facts. Fact one: After the Bush/Clinton draw down the us Army was at 400,000, not 450,000. Fact 2: In 1940, pre WWII the total US military strength was 458,000 (Army, Navy and Marines). According to the linked report the Army alone will be at 450,000, 50K bigger than pre 9/11 twice as large as it was in 1940 at 243K active duty.

When the Soviet Union collapsed the us Army was close to 800,000 active. Most of us serving at the time thought that with less than 1/3 the total strength actual combat troops that 600,000 would have been reasonable. Now back in 1940 about 2/3rds (not exactly 2/3rds but close) were combat troops. So 243K minus 1/3rd leaves about 162K combat soldiers. 450K today minus 2/3rds leaves about 150K combat soldiers. Todays equipment requires a lot of support so it's flopped on support VS combat.

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tcmtech said:

 

Maybe she was then but if any of the information about her present mental/brain/general health is true the odds are she doesn't have much of a coherent thought in her head to work with and when she does more they don't last for very long anyway.  

If the rumors are true and she becomes president I see here either attempting to do something so outrageously stupid, because she has so little rational mental capacities left to work with, that it either gets her removed from office or put in prison or if not she simply has a stroke and is removed for lack of capacity to serve the position.   

I am going to enjoy seeing Trump and Hildabeast in a debate. I think Trump will annihilate her. She forgets she has a microphone and just keeps talking louder and LOUDER and L O U D E R!!!!! VERY annoying at the least. 

https://newrepublic.com/article/121643/why-do-so-many-people-hate-sound-hillary-clintons-voice

 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/huppke/ct-hillary-clinton-yelling-huppke-20160317-story.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jordi 1455 said:

Pre 9/11 levels? Obama has helped to remove Khadafhi and is helping to remove Assad. Obama also started a cold war with Russia.

And Europe can pay the price of Obama's policy,.

Hey I think you took that the wrong way. I don't support anything Obama has done in the Middle East at all. I'll add in that his actions aided the rise of the IS with his premature pullout of troops. Obama did help reignite it cold war but Putin had a lot to do with it too. When your enemy is strong defend, when weak attack. I think Putin felt that because of Obama we were weak.

 

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

Hey I think you took that the wrong way. I don't support anything Obama has done in the Middle East at all. I'll add in that his actions aided the rise of the IS with his premature pullout of troops. Obama did help reignite it cold war but Putin had a lot to do with it too. When your enemy is strong defend, when weak attack. I think Putin felt that because of Obama we were weak.

 

Rick

+1 to Mid East.

Putin is very old school about war, probably pre WWI as I see it. It doesn't matter to him why the  USA stays out, just that we stay out. The USA being fed up with conflict made it easier for him to attempt regaining what he sees as lost territory. If Bush had not squandered a lot of "feel good about war" on the mid east then there is a significant chance things would be different, although the present admin isn't crazy about running off to every d*ck contest that come along.

I will say that letting some potential new allies take a hit from Putin just because we are tired of the fighting wasn't the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tcmtech said:

 

Maybe she was then but if any of the information about her present mental/brain/general health is true the odds are she doesn't have much of a coherent thought in her head to work with and when she does more they don't last for very long anyway.  

If the rumors are true and she becomes president I see here either attempting to do something so outrageously stupid, because she has so little rational mental capacities left to work with, that it either gets her removed from office or put in prison or if not she simply has a stroke and is removed for lack of capacity to serve the position.   

And that would leave Tim Kaine as POTUS.  The worst Governor we have ever had in my lifetime. I never thought I'd see a worse one than Doug Wilder but Kaine had him beat hands down. Lots of stupid Executive orders, such poor handling of the budget he had to resort to cutting DMV hours and closing interstate rest areas, a complete waste product. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, M Diesel said:

+1 to Mid East.

Putin is very old school about war, probably pre WWI as I see it. It doesn't matter to him why the  USA stays out, just that we stay out. The USA being fed up with conflict made it easier for him to attempt regaining what he sees as lost territory. If Bush had not squandered a lot of "feel good about war" on the mid east then there is a significant chance things would be different, although the present admin isn't crazy about running off to every d*ck contest that come along.

I will say that letting some potential new allies take a hit from Putin just because we are tired of the fighting wasn't the best. 

Gotta agree, we made some mistakes in the Middle East under Bush. Obama pulling troops out like he to so that he could suck up to the anti war people plus his mishandling of the Arab Spring uprising didn't help either. Putin got along with Bush and didn't try anything because he knew what the response would be. He may not (I don't know) have liked Bush but I think he saw Bush as he sees himself, a patriot to his country. Add in that he would like to see the Soviet Union rise again to Obama who I don't think he has any respect for and he knew he was safe from us when trying to grab more territory. So it's a case of him sensing weak leadership in his eyes. That's just my take on it and I could be wrong but Putin isn't telling.

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites