5400 case drill hydraulic drive

66 Series Farmer

Both ground drive wheels need rebuilt on my grain drill before fall cover crop season. I'm sure it's not going to be cheap with parts from case. Does anybody know if a person could convert it to hydraulic drive with say maybe a rawson or other set up fairly easy?  I don't have a lot of other technology to be about to control it either. Never be around a system to know how basic they can be..... Implement switch and ground speed sensor? 

I did see a "drillmaster" by Mirco trak  which appears to be a simple control box for a hydraulic drive.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. 

This might help too with the skips on my terraces when I can't get either drive wheel to stay spinning. I have several terraces. 

I have a Rawson drive on my 950 CaseIH planter. It works well. It works best with closed center hydraulics, like on my 5288. You'll need a radar or ground speed sensor of some type. 

It shouldn't be too hard to find a used one somewhere. Try New Ag Talk classifieds. 

It's more the top end of the drive wheels. The sealed bearings and hex shaft are all wobbled out, the chains and sprockets are all worn out. It was that way when I bought it and have limped it along for a while now. Have a lot of custom cover crop this fall to do at night and weekends so want everything to work. 

Archived