Van Sickle's tractor paint on a Super "C"

I Bought two gallons of the Van Sickles tractor and implement paint on a closeout special for $9.00 a gallon but they didn't have any hardener and can't get any. So i figured i could find it on Amazon or Ebay...nope, just thinner. So i contacted Van sickles themselves and got three different wild goose chases that didn't have hardener but just thinner. I've tried to google it but nothing comes up. So that being said does anyone know where the **** i can get two quarts so i can get my Super "C" and implements painted before the end of the universe?  Thanks.

9 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

I have seen it and can look at the local farm store. 

Let me know what you find. I Emailed the Van Sickles folks and they said their hardener's chemistry is specifically blended for their paint only. So i'll need only their brand. Thanks for your help.

There was a reason it was on closeout sale .

Being you don't have much invested in it, consider getting a better quality  paint  kit that includes hardener & thinner ,etc . Possibly for as much as you'll have just in finding a hardener to match a 9.00 a gallon paint.

Good luck,

Tony

Southern Illinois. I wouldn't care to pick them up for you but I'm guessing you would have an overnight shipping charge because of HazMat reasons on the flamables. Maybe someone would know better????

The Manufacturers rep at the factory emailed me and said no other brands are compatible in any way with their soybean based mixes. He said if i cross brand mix colors or additives the paint will fail in many different ways. Now that can be taken in several ways. one, it's the truth or two it could mean just buy all of our stuff and nobody else's.

Got harder from Napa and mixed with vansickle part when I painted grandpa's hay rack running gear 15 or 20 years ago..........don't know if paint is different now then then but has held up fine

• 4 months later...