root rake

pinesman

Does anyone know where I might find a root rake/brush blade for a TD9 with a Buchre Erie(sp?) dozer on it? Was there one ever commercially made? Thanks.

kb

I don't think they make or made a brush rack for the TD-9. We make the one for mine. Any brush rake will fit with a little TLC. If you have a hot wrench and a welder you can make anything fit. They do wonders for blackberry bushes and small trees. I've seen them for sell for anything from $400 used to $1500 for new. :D

I have one that when new was on a TD14 wide gauge and was last used on a 14A wide gauge. Somewhere I have it pictured with my 15C in between the frames as I had thought of mounting it on the 15C. The frame arms would have to be cut back as the 14A and 15C blade trunions are not in the same location along the length of the dozer. It would be an afternoons torch job and some welding which would be better than having to work on a stinky ol steering clutch.

It is made by SMITH which made attachments for IH in CANADA.

The SMITH hydraulics etc are aso on the 14A.

It's an hour east of Ottawa,Ontario. your profile does not indicate where you are. tks IHIAM

in this picture you can catch a glimpse of the left side looking from the back. I'll take a better picture in the am as daylight saving actually helps out. It is available. The large one on the left is being fitted up for a TD20B.

post-1881-1130791568.jpg

I have one  that when new was on a TD14 wide gauge and  was last used on a 14A  wide gauge. Somewhere I have  it pictured with my 15C in between the frames as I had thought of mounting it on the 15C.  The frame arms would have to be cut  back as the 14A and 15C blade trunions are not in the same location along the length of the dozer.  It would be an afternoons torch job and some welding which would be better than  having to work on a  stinky ol steering clutch.

It is made by SMITH  which made attachments for IH in CANADA.

The SMITH hydraulics etc are aso on the 14A.

It's an hour east of Ottawa,Ontario.    your profile does not indicate where you are.    tks  IHIAM

in this picture you can  catch a glimpse of  the left side looking from the back.  I'll take a better picture in the am as daylight saving  actually helps out. It is available.  The large one  on the left is being fitted up for a TD20B.

I am in central Virginia. I use the dozer to pile stumps that I have already dug with a track hoe. Just trying to leave as much dirt as possible out of the stump pile. Thanks.

kb

I'll check tonight with a flashlight. I do have a spare blade that came off my parts TD14A and the c-frame. I may have neatly torched the c-frame in half to transport it thinking I would sell the blade to someone to mount on a loader bucket as the one off the narrow gauge 14 went to a guy to go on a skidder.

crunch: 99 1/2 inches inside to inside since you are using the SI units.

I'll post some pictures in the am. tks

I promised pictures of the brush / rock rake that has been on a TD14A since 1954 as some have been looking for one. PM me

post-1881-1130977139.jpg

post-1881-1130977149.jpg

post-1881-1130977159.jpg

post-1881-1130977170.jpg

post-1881-1130977767.jpg

Archived