Rednecking in western PA

I had 4 ft hog doing nothing, I had a skid steer, I had some steel and I had a welder. 

Troy Dairy turned me on to Surplus Center in NE and Bitty suggested using the over-ride clutch AND shared a story about a danger in doing this and Equipment Junkie helped also. This story started in coffee shop  as "I am considering". Thank you all for the help!

And here is the unpainted redneck SS bushhog story. And it works great!

to be continued...

After Bitty and TomH, I think, suggested calling a pto shop in Lancaster PA, shop suggested buying 2 couplers [one pto and one keyed] and welding together. They also suggested machining each so to fit inside each other. 

As picture shows these couplers, also from Surplus Center, were too long for application. Now what!

SS 7 (Medium).JPG

Equipment Junkie advised me to adapt mower in a way not to destroy quick attach from poop pusher so I could attach 2 devices to same mount. Took some cyphering, and a 6 pack, but came up with this. And he and others suggested mulitple offsets. I did manage to offset but permanently as you`ll see in future pics. 

SS bracket (Medium).JPG

After building mounts that can be removed from plate by pulling 2 pins, I`m ready to place this assembly on mower and start welding.

The flanges on mount closer to you have no purpose but were on 8" beam I used. Why remove?

SS mower (Medium).JPG

3" tubing was PERFECT for motor support, couplers and clutch consumed every bit of length I had so had to "90" the hoses. No biggy though. 

First hook up of hoses, you guessed it, backwards. 

SS 14 (Medium).JPG

After Bitty told his story of the dangers of these mowers, I built a "better than nothing" front door to at least stop the big chunks. And yes, it`s crude but goes on/off easily. 

SS 15 (Medium).JPG

Well, there she is boys. Ain`t pretty or painted and doubt it ever will be but I tried it and it works great! 

Does need wider skids on front which I`ll do later but it cuts great at about 1/3 throttle. Thought i would have to open the throttle to work but no. 

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Gonna go chop some tree rows. 

SS 13 (Medium).JPG

Offset to the left... Must be A-C!!!!:D   Looks good enough for me. Great project!

What's wrong with being a redneck? ;)

Looks like it's usable and it was priced right. 

The nice thing with it offset to the left if you're trimming along the road you'll probably be opposing traffic . Which means you can see the traffic coming towards you.  With a skid loader you can't see what's coming from behind you easily,  especially when you are looking at what you are doing 

Thanks guys. Want to put wider short front skids on it. Considering cutting a piece of 4 or 5 in pipe lengthwise and 45`ing the end. Also think I`ll need them stout enuf to use as spikes to shove in the ground when I get slightly stuck to push back with. Thots? And had to flat black the door grate as that galvanized mesh screwed up my vision. 

nice job! bitty's comment about LH offset letting you face traffic was very big benefit about working along roads.