8920 Magnum Electrical Problem

George 2

A friend has an 8920 MFD Magnum with low hours on it. He has had the following electrical problem with it for the last several years. When the tractor is running, it will stop if the wiper or blower motors are turned on . It will normally restart after several tries. He thinks it could be a ground problem with the main relay. He is looking to hear from others who have also experienced this type of problem with Magnum tractors before diving into it. Any ideas or items to check out?  Thanks.      

Check power stud where it comes thru the cab floor (right front corner) after it comes thru the floor it splits into 2 connections, here I like to take an amp meter an evenly divide the load between post one and two. Also need to check grounds as stated, but I think you probably are dealing with a bad cab power relay, if things like wiper, blower and / or seat compressor stop it. Hy-Cap has a good version of original solenoid and CNH has an updated version they are selling, I would probably use a Hy-Cap as the wiring will not need to be changed around. 

Archived