New format?

DWF

I had a slight problem getting on the forum and when I did I was surprised by the change. The site must have been down for a while.

DWF

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, we updated the software that runs the forum. The old version wasn't being supported any longer so the change was necessary.

BJ

Thanks for the support.  Hope I can learn to navigate through the icebergs 

2 minutes ago, Hines1066 said:

I Can't see the pictures?

There's some background tasks that are still running. The pictures will come back. 

1 minute ago, bkaris@comcast.net said:

Looks like I lost my "handle."  Brady Boy BK.

I think the more likely answer is that youre the victim of identity theft. Someone stole your name brady boy! Lol bj just explained it in the other post how to change your name back

3 minutes ago, IHRunner said:

I think the more likely answer is that youre the victim of identity theft. Someone stole your name brady boy! Lol bj just explained it in the other post how to change your name back

And I told Bill via Facebook how to change it. :D

this is at least the 5 th upgrade we have had ,most times it is due to forced/required changes within the net or the players shuffle how they are going to process/capture how/what you do in it.

give it time to settle   then calmly state your error/issue and generally it gets worked out.

unlike the funded sites with many hands covering all the possibilities,there are only 2 -4 .. working out the bugs

once again THANK YOU TO THOSE behind the scene and the Meisners for the site

I saw the post of upgrade/ maintenance as this inevitably occurs maybe in future send out  blanket emails or  A FORCED NOTICE upon signing in to re enter

I have been using the mobile site and have noticed that topics now seem to load at the first post and not at the last read post as before.

I maybe being thick but using the mobile site I can't seem to tell which topics I have read and which I have not. Also as a consequence it is hard to tell if a topic has any new replies.
 :blush:

What do the  different emotions mean.  some are obvious some are not. I have often wondered and wondered how to type them in. But they are now listed. Just wish I knew what some of them mean.

I'm a whinging pom aren't I?  (Don't answer that )

On the main page there is a blue dot by unread and a blue star by unread and commented.

Also at the bottom of the page is a next unread topic button, on each file

I notice you have to click on the dot/star to get to the last unread post. Then it goes away and you can only hit the last page.

Mobile viewing and picture loading seems to work a lot better. Pic viewing size automatically scales to screen. Text control bar when posting is a lot nicer to use. I see we can now use GIFs and PNGs.

Overall a definite improvement. :) 

There isn't a "mobile" view any more. The software uses the same view for both desktop and mobile, and resizes the elements of the page accordingly.

Archived