Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ole three bottom

A couple videos of Rustie working the disk

I have this 9' Alice Chalmers wheel disk that I acquired a few years ago. It's no 370, but seems to be a pretty good disk. But both the H and Super H are set up with single action hydraulics. So I have never been able to pic up the transport wheels and let it work. But now with Rustie that is not a problem. So today I shot a couple video clips while I worked the garden. The long clip is from the working end. The other clip is shorter because my good camera shuts off automatically if you don't mess with the zoom every so often.

Lens needed cleaned after being in sprinklers when I was with the Neese operation.

They work now. Nice videos. Glad to see Rustie earning it's keep.

Always good to see old iron being used as intended!

Very cool

The only thing that I don't like about it is , I'm not doing it !!!!

Wow, that old Allis disk digs right in! A 9 ft disk was pretty common around home 50-60 years ago for use behind M's. Dad upgraded from a 9 ft to a 14 ft Krause behind the Super M-TA, which needed the M&W duals in plowed ground to pull it. The last year for the Krause was '64, I remember pulling it with the R. The next year Dad had a new 12 ft 4 inch Kewanee disk behind the 450.

Yeah! My seat time has been all rainy and non seat time like. <_<

Looks like it cuts very nicely. Wish I had it. Bit slow on the rise? Cylinder a bit too large?

Looks like it cuts very nicely. Wish I had it. Bit slow on the rise? Cylinder a bit too large?

May be. But it is the old double action that came with dad's 300.

May be. But it is the old double action that came with dad's 300.

Got it, just curious. Cylinder didn't look outrageous sized, but from here in the remote comfy seat it isn't real visible and it seemed to be taking its time. Can't hear the hydraulics struggle so gotta wonder about the details. Kinda figure it was doubtful they were raised all that often anyways so maybe fine adjustment was more imperative. Made short work of the task at hand though, without concrete blocks stacked all over it. Did it get any shiny parts? Right now, I've been inside so long I likely would've kept going until it did. It would have been the most diskiested garden ever.

My educated guess is a cylinder a half inch larger diameter and Old Rusty would raise that disk right up at just over idle.