Proving the media is as smart as they think.

mader656

So is this new Colorado exporting marijuana or marjijuana?

Undoubtedly, the LYING, LIBERAL, ELITIST, POS was under the influence of some of Colorado's finest leaf, when he wrote the 'story'.

And, odds are, you will NEVER see a correction, and the brain dead moron, being an "EXPERT ON EVERYTHING", will argue that he is right.

Impressive , how much more could you possibly embarrass yourself .

Whom is more screwed up the authority or the reporter . Appears the authority didn't know what state he was in either .

Apparently Wyoming is at fault , after all the media can't be mistaken

Also good to know that California weed is going full circle , after being sold in Colorado

apparently they send it back

Will this mean that Colorado has the lowest taxes in the country? I hope so ,looking at the positive

They knew it was a state whose four borders were defined by straight lines. They had a 50/50 chance and got it wrong.

Meanwhile the world still goes round, and round, and round...........

I showed this to my wife, she got it right away as I did. Then I showed it to my oldest son who has a 4 year degree. I had to tell him what was wrong. Then I showed it to my youngest daughter who also didn't see anything wrong. She is a medical lab tech with 2 years of college.

Rick

I showed this to my wife, she got it right away as I did. Then I showed it to my oldest son who has a 4 year degree. I had to tell him what was wrong. Then I showed it to my youngest daughter who also didn't see anything wrong. She is a medical lab tech with 2 years of college.

Rick

In all honesty it may be because of the topic. Which is how media works. Their title draws you in. You look at the picture and see all the outcomes. But never the problem.

Lets face it. This is a picture of gun control essentially.

Title "Innocent Minor Killed By Racist White Cop"

Jerome Brown of detroit arizona killed today in gun battle with white cop jesse southerton. Southerton has a distant relative once related to a former member of the KKK. jerome was gunned down in cold blood tuesday december 22.

Clearly the only way to prevent more innocent death is to limit high capicity clips from being inserted into these military and police pistols.

*Update* Jerome was last seen arguing with a man while holding him at gun point

So now we disect what i said. Which ive honestly read very similar stories like this from the press. Nevermind that they got all the information wrong. They reported it to the best of their bias

The media gets away with nonsense like "high capicity clip" and assult weapons. When they mean standard capicity magazines and sport rifles.

They make assumptions before they have facts. The media reported that james holmes was a republican. For no apparent reason. Other than to put it in their peice. He was a raging liberal but i digress.

And they bungle their titles to make you bleed your little heart out for them. Notice "minor" in my title instead of "minority". Thats from an actual cnn report.

The media reacts instead of reports nowadays. They give opinons before facts have even become available. But they present their opinon as fact

Rick

In all honesty it may be because of the topic. Which is how media works. Their title draws you in. You look at the picture and see all the outcomes. But never the problem.

Jerome Brown of detroit arizona killed today in gun battle with white cop jesse southerton. Southerton has a distant relative once related to a former member of the KKK. jerome was gunned down in cold blood tuesday december 22.

Clearly the only way to prevent more innocent death is to limit high capicity clips from being inserted into these military and police pistols.

So now we disect what i said. Which ive honestly read very similar stories like this from the press. Nevermind that they got all the information wrong. They reported it to the best of their bias

The media gets away with nonsense like "high capicity clip" and assult weapons. When they mean standard capicity magazines and sport rifles.

They make assumptions before they have facts. The media reported that james holmes was a republican. For no apparent reason. Other than to put it in their peice. He was a raging liberal but i digress.

And they bungle their titles to make you bleed your little heart out for them. Notice "minor" in my title instead of "minority". Thats from an actual cnn report.

The media reacts instead of reports nowadays. They give opinons before facts have even become available. But they present their opinon as fact

Hey yer preaching to the choir! I have a little history of firearms in the US military VS those in the hands of civilians that I like to show the gun control nuts sometimes.

I just thought that it was interesting of how 4 people, all with college behind them, can look at something and the older 2 notice something isn't right while the younger ones (42 and 31) miss the error completely. I'm sure it has to do with age and perceptions.

Rick

I just thought that it was interesting of how 4 people, all with college behind them, can look at something and the older 2 notice something isn't right while the younger ones (42 and 31) miss the error completely. I'm sure it has to do with age and perceptions.

Rick

It has a lot to do with what the schools are teaching too---------------when was the last time anybody heard GEOGRAPHY mentioned in any connection to a school topic?? :wacko:

Obviously we haven't spent enough MONEY on this problem!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Just my $.02 worth.

Mike

Rick

It has a lot to do with what the schools are teaching too---------------when was the last time anybody heard GEOGRAPHY mentioned in any connection to a school topic?? :wacko:

Just my $.02 worth.

Mike

That was my first thought, too.

Ron

Rick

Just my $.02 worth.

Mike

Ron

You can go on about that all you wish but last night, just before I went to bed, I was thinking "gee another day that no one ask me to name all 50 states and the capitols". I was also thinking "there goes another day that I didn't use any higher math like algebra or geometry"!

I'm sure a lot of people who had to learn all that stuff never picked up on that error. It has more to do with observation than it does with what one learned in school I think because I know both my son and daughter had to learn and pass test where they labeled maps with the names of states while they were in grade school.

I really can't think of a single time that knowing were a state was located was of any importance to me or anyone I know. The media made a big deal out of people not knowing where Iraq was when they invaded Kuwait in 90. Other than those of us in the military and our families what did the location have to do with anything? And actually it really didn't make any difference to the average soldier. It really only mattered to the officers who had to plan and operate the logistics chain of things. When I was a young soldier we did things that didn't make much sense. If we ask our NCO's about it the response was "because I did it when I was a PVT and it didn't hurt me". There are things I learned in school that I use day to day. Other things several times a year. The rest was wasted money because I don't use it at all. Making a kid learn it today doesn't make anymore sense when they are never going to use it. Cursive writing is one of those things. I sign a check 2-3 times a month. I never read anything written in cursive. But I remember several years, 9 months a year, 5 days a week and an hour a day learning and practicing cursive. I spent far more time in school learning it that I ever did actually using it. I know that from time to time most of us on these tractor pages have figured the # of yards of gravel/dirt/concrete was needed for something and have used algebra to figure it out. But most of our contemporaries have never even done that. They hire a contractor and the contractor figures it out. Now you can whip out the ole smart phone and get on the internet and find a concrete calculator to do it for you.

Now history can be interesting. Look at the history of schools. They jumped from 8 years to 12 years mandated right after WWII. Why? It had nothing to do with what a kid needed and everything to do with keeping them out of the job market another 4 years making more jobs available to adults. In the 60's, 70's and 80's it was common for a 4 year degree to be earned in 4 years. Now it's more like 5-6 years. Why? To keep people out of the job market longer. You are not counted as unemployed while a student. But unless you are a history buff you really don't use it.

RIck

Rick

Hey yer preaching to the choir! I have a little history of firearms in the US military VS those in the hands of civilians that I like to show the gun control nuts sometimes.

Rick

Its embarrassing for sure.

Rick

Rick

Its embarrassing for sure.

That's true, both blushed when it was pointed out.

Rick

Rick

Just my $.02 worth.

Mike

Ron

You can go on about that all you wish but last night, just before I went to bed, I was thinking "gee another day that no one ask me to name all 50 states and the capitols". I was also thinking "there goes another day that I didn't use any higher math like algebra or geometry"!

I'm sure a lot of people who had to learn all that stuff never picked up on that error. It has more to do with observation than it does with what one learned in school I think because I know both my son and daughter had to learn and pass test where they labeled maps with the names of states while they were in grade school.

I really can't think of a single time that knowing were a state was located was of any importance to me or anyone I know. The media made a big deal out of people not knowing where Iraq was when they invaded Kuwait in 90. Other than those of us in the military and our families what did the location have to do with anything? And actually it really didn't make any difference to the average soldier. It really only mattered to the officers who had to plan and operate the logistics chain of things. When I was a young soldier we did things that didn't make much sense. If we ask our NCO's about it the response was "because I did it when I was a PVT and it didn't hurt me". There are things I learned in school that I use day to day. Other things several times a year. The rest was wasted money because I don't use it at all. Making a kid learn it today doesn't make anymore sense when they are never going to use it. Cursive writing is one of those things. I sign a check 2-3 times a month. I never read anything written in cursive. But I remember several years, 9 months a year, 5 days a week and an hour a day learning and practicing cursive. I spent far more time in school learning it that I ever did actually using it. I know that from time to time most of us on these tractor pages have figured the # of yards of gravel/dirt/concrete was needed for something and have used algebra to figure it out. But most of our contemporaries have never even done that. They hire a contractor and the contractor figures it out. Now you can whip out the ole smart phone and get on the internet and find a concrete calculator to do it for you.

Now history can be interesting. Look at the history of schools. They jumped from 8 years to 12 years mandated right after WWII. Why? It had nothing to do with what a kid needed and everything to do with keeping them out of the job market another 4 years making more jobs available to adults. In the 60's, 70's and 80's it was common for a 4 year degree to be earned in 4 years. Now it's more like 5-6 years. Why? To keep people out of the job market longer. You are not counted as unemployed while a student. But unless you are a history buff you really don't use it.

RIck

The school bit is an interesting one, and now everybody thinks college should be given to them for free, more of an attempt to keep people out of the job market?

Rick

Just my $.02 worth.

Mike

Ron

RIck

Harry S. Truman

"The only things you don't know about people is in the history you haven't read" or words to that effect.

Rick

Just my $.02 worth.

Mike

Ron

RIck

The school bit is an interesting one, and now everybody thinks college should be given to them for free, more of an attempt to keep people out of the job market?

I doubt it. I really don't think you would get that many more attending. Most who don't go to college or a trade school don't because they don't want to. With Pell grants and loans most kids can attend college if they are willing to accept the debt that goes with it. I think the "free college" is more a sense of entitlement than anything else.

Rick

More than anything the embarrassing error can be chalked up to the parent company(s) cutting proofreader/editorial staff to the bone in an effort to satisfy the driving force of their shareholder's to maximize profit.

You can have it journalist correct or you can have it cheap. You can't have it both.

More than anything the embarrassing error can be chalked up to the parent company(s) cutting proofreader/editorial staff to the bone in an effort to satisfy the driving force of their shareholder's to maximize profit.

You can have it journalist correct or you can have it cheap. You can't have it both.

Very true. And with the internet news paper sales have tanked over the last 20 years. So to even stay in business a paper has to cut cost.

Rick

I am going to go to their facebook and call them on this!

Recently the local Seattle weather guy shared a post of the beautiful mt baker view from the skagit Tulip fields. 806mans back yard. 806s neighbor and my buddy was quick to point out that was mt hood. 300 miles away, there is a small tulip industry there as well. The weatherman "corrected" him. So friend opens front door, takes pic across rd with Baker in back overlooking a tulip field with his kids walking in it. "Um, this is baker". So now anyone with any sense is commenting "ha ha". The weatherman locked comments within 30 minutes. Never saying sorry. Arrogance on display. Good judge of his character imo.

Never saying sorry. Arrogance on display. Good judge of his character imo.

On their first day in 'journalism' school, they are taught that only they have the intelligence and means to dispense the 'facts' in a manner that the barely literate, unwashed peasantry, can understand.

As far as weather'men', the SEWAGE came totally unglued when, a few years ago, a Texas legislator, wanted to introduce a law making weathermen actually have a degree in meterology.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2005/10/so_you_want_to_be_a_weatherman.html

The vermin of the media, are just that, vermin, and MUST be treated as such.

Archived