Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

forwhldrv

Chapter 18 plow day

Chapter 18 is having a plow day tomorrow in Orange Mass it's always a good time I'll try to get some pics up after tomorrow night

Chapter 11 (MI) is as well. It's a 2+ hr drive from my house and I don't have a tractor/plow of my own so count me out.

Looking forward to your pics

Chapter 11 (MI) is as well. It's a 2+ hr drive from my house and I don't have a tractor/plow of my own so count me out.

Looking forward to your pics

this ones nice it's about 10 min away last weeks was about a half an hour and the last one is two weeks on the 21 is about an hour and a half away we will only bring one tractor and plow to that one

Looking forward to pictures.

Tony

Here's some pics we had maybe 20 tractors I didn't get a count and the field was about a 100 acres I'm told it was a rainy misty start to the day but no sunburn today

The 600 after unloading used it to pull out a few tow rigs D114A4EB-FE7D-49DC-81D9-FA4CBDA2AD4A_zps

There was a nice cover crop over most of the field thought these made a nice pic273FC8F5-63A9-4E67-A7C3-8A66AF23E096_zps

The 600 and 650 together

4DB99B0A-1E08-4947-BB0C-B74D71295B1D_zps

And ready to go turn some dirt 6D2F79E4-897C-4BB3-93E6-A9167DF143E5_zps

It's always a great time in the furrow

14FEBB2C-2E1D-4635-87F7-961D1097E897_zps

C1784E96-DE74-4043-AB5F-9E091C4FDBA8_zpsMost of the day for me was spent plowing we did have a break down on the 650 towards the end of the day I think it lost the hyd pump as it started leaking a little and then the Hydrolics wouldn't work and was full of oil so with out taking it apart I think the key way on the drive pump may have come out and worked it way through the seal but don't know yet without taking it apart The tractor runs good and it is a great fit to the 4-16 plow the 5-14 is better behind our big Deere when it's back together

A little a in the furrow

5E9CA4D9-CFCB-47D9-8B2D-966CDC5F0133_zpsryh1ogwt.jpg

There was 2 nice little Massey Ferguson 50's one gas one diesel I didn't get any pics of them this is Samantha on her Dads ford She usually drives bubblegum the little pink farmall

This F30 sounded great D1F73F40-C4E3-40D2-AD2E-0BB88C9605E6_zps there was a team of horses that showed up and plowed for a while.

This is SAMs Dad on his little ford ans he calls it his little slap worn out N I think it burns as much oil as gas but it runs good and plowed all day at the bottom and the guy in front of me some call him POPs he shows up and plows all day and has been know to run that 300 out of gas

DF93B0BD-79A6-4E53-9FD8-7E094ED8CA04_zpsttp://s989.photobucket.com/user/forwhldrv/media/26106850-8555-4D75-998A-12A841ECBADB_zps8adpsbxp.jpg.html]26106850-8555-4D75-998A-12A841ECBADB_zps[/url]

This was my little brother on the 650 trying the 5 bottom AB199147-760D-40AE-8659-DF0D6D3C9F23_zps

The one major breakdown was this MTA the axle broke on him it is also his haying tractor he hadn't been out to plow with us in a few years it ran good for a few hrs until this happenedCED91A6B-7308-4994-BCE1-D0718F2A2267_zps

We did get it on the trailer it was fun he held the brake and drove it on 4B35E5BD-498E-4E01-B98E-8C380812179C_zps

5A76B1DA-CDAE-4937-9D99-EBBE5B4A7207_zps

All in all it was another great day to be in the furrow 6811A615-449B-4A8A-8C57-D9779C196F75_zps

Here's a video from the seat

This is the same tractor pulling 5 bottoms

This is my last from this plow day ran the 600 for a few rounds

Looks like a fun day! I would love to make the next plow day but I think I may have a tri-state stone boat pull that day, I'll have to check. That poor MTA, I'll be happy to make him a trade for my M with good axels. ;)

Looks great. Lots of IH going on yesterday. All the weight on the MTA is a leading theory on what caused the axle to break. The 650/600 does look good standing alone there in the field.

Nice pictures and videos. Hopefully the 650 problem is a simple fix for you.

Is that just me or does that 650 have a 3pt plow on the back? Interested in seeing that hitch id that is correct.

Is that just me or does that 650 have a 3pt plow on the back? Interested in seeing that hitch id that is correct.

The 650 has a fast hitch installed by the previous owner A70400A3-0770-4C32-8F89-3CC96F85B925_zps

Looks great. Lots of IH going on yesterday. All the weight on the MTA is a leading theory on what caused the axle to break. The 650/600 does look good standing alone there in the field.

There was a jd last night at a pull in Nesbit PA broke right wheel off. Took a 186 loader to lift back and a M to pull it on the trailer. So if they combine parts they can make a partly right tractor

Thanks for the pictures. Love to see pics from plow days.

Those old tractors were made to be worked, not just to look at.

That is one healthy 650. Thanks for the photos.

Yes she runs pretty good I like the 4 bottom behind it better than 5 it's fun to play with at plow days

Very nice thanks for posting I would like to do a plow day at some point.

That 600 seems to handle the 5 bottoms pretty easy

They are a lot of fun one more on the 21st then grease up the plows for the year. It's nice using these old tractors and making them work

They are a lot of fun one more on the 21st then grease up the plows for the year. It's nice using these old tractors and making them work

I agree...I enjoy shows/parades but getting it dirty is just more fun. Why own it if you don't use it for something.

Going to shows and BS ing is fun but plow days and the fun we have turning wrenches and fixing up and repairing these old tractors is where it's at it still amazes me when you just look at one of them any manufacturer from the 40's and 50's just looking at the amount of castings that go into each tractor never mind each model and to think there was what at least 4 major brands pumping out how many different models that a lot of them all had parts that were model specific the foundrys that were smelting metal for just these must have been amazing to see never mind all the auto and truck makers out there and all the other hard goods being produced. I know there still are tractors and cars and trucks made in the USA now but how many similar parts go into them as far as motors and axles never if all the plastic crap

WOW, a dust free plow day. Great pics. BK