Terry Hankins

Howard_P

Some folks on here knew Terry Hankins, retired engineer from the Indianapolis Engine Plant and a big-time IH Toy and Memorabilia collector. He passed away from a heart attack this morning. Here is the latest info from his family.

Sad news to share for those who have not heard. Terry Hankins had a massive heart attack on Saturday morning. He passed this morning around 4:00 a.m. at St. Francis heart hospital critical care.
He leaves behind his wife of 15 months Vernice Slinkard Hankins, his sons Jeff (Sandra) and Kent, and his sister Diane along with 4 grandchildren and his nieces and nephews. Please keep Terry's family in your prayers.
I am sharing arrangements before his obituary is published so plans can be made if you would like to attend.
Viewing on Friday, April 1st from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Glenn E George & Son Funeral
437 Amos Rd
Shelbyville, IN 46176
(317) 398-4599
Funeral on Saturday, April 2nd at 10:00 a.m.
Pleasant View Baptist Church
12442 SOUTHEASTERN AVENUE
Acton, IN 46259 US
317-862-4445
After the funeral service, there will be a reception for anyone who wants to attend from noon to 3:00 p.m. or so.
Irvington Historical Society in the
Bona Thompson Memorial Building
5350 University Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46219
The Irvington Historical Society is located at Downey & University Avenues (south of Washington Street and mid-way between Emerson & Ritter). There is either street parking or a parking lot located northwest of the building. Note: For those who cannot handle stairs - there is a street level entrance on the north side of the building and an elevator. The main entrance has steps.
Terry has worked very hard in creating the IH/Navistar display room(s) with lots of memorabilia from the Indianapolis Plant. If you would like to make a donation in lieu of flowers, this would be a good place to make your donation.

I,m very saddened to hear this Howard.

I had the privilege of meeting Terry a few times when we attended RPRU over the past few years.

We swapped a few goodies and plenty stories when we got together.

His wealth of knowledge will be sorely missed in the IH community.

My prayers ,thoughts and sincerest condolences go to Vernice and all of his Family.

I will certainly miss being able to spend time with him and draw from his vast experience.

Thanks for sharing this Howard.

Heath ,NZ

Prayers for the family. It is a generation which is sadly disapearing as we speak. The knowledge is waning with time.

I'm sorry to hear this Howard. Terry was the best on IH SV-8's as far as I'm concerned. Prayers to the family. Eason

Archived