Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

77_1086

1967 Loadstar 1600

I posted some pic. over in the the Coffee Shop also

Went to an auction yesterday not planning buying anything but a Coffee....

When this Loadstar came up no one was bidding so I put a bid in at $1000 and it was the only bid. :D

post-60-0-88124800-1457818315_thumb.jpg

14' bed, hoist and shurlock tarp

post-60-0-54339300-1457818334_thumb.jpg

No rust

post-60-0-15539400-1457818346_thumb.jpg

Swing out tailgate

post-60-0-92769000-1457818358_thumb.jpg

Nice interior,

post-60-0-04628700-1457818374_thumb.jpg

Not quite 46000 miles

post-60-0-68640800-1457818390_thumb.jpg

304 gas with a 4 speed and 2 speed rear axle. purrs like a kitten. :D

Very nice! That's a great buy. I always liked the Loadstars.

One heck of a great deal !! Love that body/gate/tarp setup , And the truck is a cream puff :)

Have one like that on CL here in SW Ohio for 3500.00. Nice buy.

Dennis

Now you have a problem.

To good to use!

I ran a 304 in a Travelal from 1969 to 1989.

Never an engine issue except the metal pipes from the water pump to the heads rusted away at the o-ring area.

Great find and an unbelievable price.

Whats the GVW and how is the tag axle controlled?

Good luck with your new project.

Nice looking truck.....looks like you got a Battery Minder laying on the seat, was that part of the deal?

the only fault i find with it is the hyd clutch. i had a 85 chevy dooly, had he!! w/ it. if the slave cyl wasn't out, the master was,.no return spring on throw out. believe that's what finally took the clutch out. i think 85 was first year w/ hyd clutch. at least it was outside clutch house, i believe yours is also. it sure looks good though.

Always had manual clutches on my loadstars...odd

i firmly believe the women libbers caused those hyd clutches so they could drive trucks, and appear equal. :mellow:

Nice looking truck.....looks like you got a Battery Minder laying on the seat, was that part of the deal?

I tell you what also works. I got a couple of those cheapo HF solar chargers on the dump truck and sat them atop the cab with the wire around a running light. Don't know ifn I need both, they are pretty wimpy, but life has been good since.

I tell you what also works. I got a couple of those cheapo HF solar chargers on the dump truck and sat them atop the cab with the wire around a running light. Don't know ifn I need both, they are pretty wimpy, but life has been good since.

I have solar chargers on everything.even the motorcycles have roll up ones. Fantastic friggin things

Dad's 1964 and my father in-laws 1966 had hydraulic clutches. Eason

My 64 1600 had one also. It worked fine. Couldn't say the same about brakes.

Note two master cylinders.

post-546-0-92999200-1460398257_thumb.jpg

I'm going to put some of those chargers on the storage containers and run wires down inside to the tractors. Haven't tried the foldy ones.

My 71 and most others I have seen had the manual clutch. Never could see the point of complicating things with a hydraulic clutch. Hard enough to keep a hydraulic brake system working.

I passed up a deal on a 71 Cargostar at an auction last week. Running 392 and automatic. It had no brakes but otherwise looked ok. Sold for $1000.

Right now I would give $1000 for the motor. Mine can't last much longer.

Right now I would give $1000 for the motor. Mine can't last much longer.

PM sent

Thanks, and yes the battery minder came with the truck.

Yeah, one of the biggest problems was the hydraulic clutch going out every few years and then you had to float the gears to drive it.

Hydraulic clutches depend on constant use to remain functional. Periods of idleness lets corrosion and dryness attack the seals.

Dad had the 304 in both his Loadstars. Hydraulic clutches never gave much trouble but the brakes sure did. At least with the 304 we never got up enough speed loaded to need to stop in a big hurry, LOL.

The reason for hydraulic clutches is to save your left leg. Not everyone wants to get a workout

oh, you'll still get plenty workout, going to the parts store, reaching for your wallet, crawling under truck, then pumping the pedal trying to get the air out,ect, ect., then in a few years, do it all over again. at least i'ts not a ford, it's inside the clutch house.