Jump to content

fbh31118

Members
  • Posts

    281
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fbh31118

  1. Great work! Love the inflatable pool idea for the electrolysis. Looks right at home as a tug too.
  2. Thank You everyone! I messed up my profile though, my birthday is actually on the 28, just rechecked my profile and corrected.
  3. GRrrrrrrrr! Pulled the mag drive off of the old motor and it's seized (big surprise). More to tear apart, hope the bushing isn't torn up.
  4. Oh, forgot to take a picture of the lifters drowning in assembly lube as well as the cavities of the lifters were the push rods are set it. Also forgot to get a picture of the lifter retainer bracket put in. This picture here is of the spacer from the manifold. For what ever reason the head studs are not the same size as the original. Some where there was a change made.......
  5. Motor is getting close. Kills me that its taking this long!!!!!! Working hard to pay attention to the details so hopefully everything will be right the first time.
  6. Thank you to whom ever suggested Copper Chore Boy scrubbies for breather material! Worked great!
  7. Thank You FarmallFan!!! Here is the picture that describes the VW rims that my Grandparents added when they could upgrade to rubber. There is a set of Firestone SilverTown 7.00X16's. The head is on and ready to torque down, the clearance is there and I believe its ready to go. Worked on cleaning the rocker assembly and things should mate up well with the fresh ground lifters. Can't wait to get the parts lubed and installed......
  8. Hillman, I did check what looked close with out the head gasket just to see what was up. There was some close areas, of course, without the gasket but with adding the gasket of 85 thou I wouldn't think it would draw down past the mid 60's in my opinion. However, Dad and I talked about it and decided to relieve the edge, just in case, after seeing what it looked like. So at this point I don't have any concerns.
  9. AAAARRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!! These attachments won't go away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dang... Ok, here we go. A little bit of what went on this weekend. Checking clearances here. Started without the head gasket just to see were we're at.
  10. Just a word of advice if you have never done this before. There is no need to remove the woodruff key after removing the drive gear so if it doesn't come out easy don't worry about it.
  11. Still need to pick up some silly putty to check the head clearances but did manage to rebuild the governor with Dad this weekend.
  12. Great information! I'll check this out before the head gets torqued down and report back as soon as I can. Thank you for the insight hillman!
  13. Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out.
  14. No the head is not on the motor as of yet, the weather has not been cooperating real well the last few weekends. To the best of my knowledge there should not be any clearance issues as the distillate motor was mid size chamber being slightly larger than the gas but not as large as the kerosene. Now, having said that, this is my first IH engine build so I could be full of beans too so take it with a grain of salt until I can report back with some firm data and run time. So stay tuned. Oh, and if any one reading this has that firm data please feel free to share, I hate doing things twice.
  15. Picked up the rims and tires today. Thank you Miller Tire!
  16. The dollars are a real drag but as you may have seen in the pictures, it just has to get done. I've waited over 30 years now to start this project and whats a few more grand any ways. LOL! Honestly though, I didn't think the cost was all that bad compared to what you fellas must have to give for those 'big' tractor tires. Really makes ya respect anyone who goes all the way and puts all new tires all the way around some of these big 4x4's .
  17. Tires, tubes and rims ordered. OUCH!
  18. Finally got a few lifter pictures. Can't wait to see these in the motor!
  19. Lifters are done and are being shipped back from grinding! Hope to have them for this weekend but I'm not holding my breathe.
  20. Lifters are on there way to Effingham Regrind. Should have everything to finish the motor when they get back.
  21. Found the missing wheel, the old spoke side has got to go. Wish I had the steel complete but I don't so this is what it's going to be replaced with. A buddy of mine has a bad key in his H and is buying the other. One set found and two tractors fixed.
  22. There ALWAYS over budget! LOL! Looking good and should look fantastic.
  23. Wow! That's in really good shape and a great starting point. Can't wait to see the finished product.
  24. Here is a few more updates on my snoozer of project. This weekend we got a head back from the machine shop (Thank You A&R Machine) after being hot tanked. The head is NOS and has been sitting around my parents barn for about 11 years so it just made sense to get it hospital clean before getting started. The only engine experience that I have is with my Cub Cadets so I don't know how to grind valves other than to lap them by hand. The band looked good so I'm going to go with it. My parts professional at CaseIH advised that I consider new valve keepers due to there possible wear and prevent dropping one but after seeing the 'new' keepers versus the original ones I thought the old ones looked much better built and warranted being cleaned and reused but that is just my opinion.
×
×
  • Create New...