Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Nebraska1206 last won the day on September 13 2021

Nebraska1206 had the most liked content!

About Nebraska1206

  • Birthday 01/11/1982

Contact Methods

  • MSN
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Norfolk, Nebraska
  • Interests
    IH tractors & '60's-'70's Ford cars & trucks.

Recent Profile Visitors

17,083 profile views

Nebraska1206's Achievements

Advanced Member

Advanced Member (3/3)



  1. Not sure where you're located, so pinpointing a salvage yard is a little tricky. I noticed the part number you gave was for a crankshaft that was 050mm undersized. I assume that's the same as .010" undersized. Not sure if that's the size you're actually seeking or not. Part number 3059757R93 is for a standard sized crankshaft, and turns up several hits on Google, including FP Smith in California.
  2. I would remove the intake casting from between the turbo & the cylinder head, and see if it is oily inside, if the turbo seal has indeed gone out & is putting engine oil into the intake.
  3. I've had guys that do body shop work repair fender tops for me before, they've turned out nice.
  4. Part number 717203R1, available from your CaseIH dealer.
  5. Thought I'd share some pictures of my 4300 truck. One thing we've been working on, is the original owners name that was painted on the doors. Wasn't anything we could do without damaging the original paint. So my brother contacted a guy he knew that does vinyl wraps and graphics on race cars & etc. He made several trips over to the farm to look at the truck, and we provided him with the IH Branding Iron decals that I had from another project. This is what he came up with, and he absolutely knocked it out of the park, in my opinion! I think it looks great!
  6. The short oil filter for a 300/400 series engine was 677709C91. No longer offered from CaseIH, it was a 4" tall filter, for tractors with an 85 cotton harvester mounted on it.
  7. I think, if you remove the casting for the 3rd link from the rear end, you'll see which of those 6 bolts holes are tapped straight through the rear end casting. If you can, make up a hollow bolt & connect a Pioneer coupler to that hollowed out bolt & return the oil there.
  8. Driven to drinking? We're already there!!
  9. Here's a question. Who was/is the manufacturer of the main bearing set that you installed in the engine? I'm wondering the bearings themselves are not manufactured correctly, say like both the top & bottom halves are grooved for oil, but only the top half is supposed to be? So oil pressure is lost at the main bearings because of the way the ones that are in the engine were made?
  10. I remember a customer tractor, from the days at the dealership in Norfolk, guy had a '76 Blackstripe 766, had a 3" curved chrome stack on it. That tractor had the loudest bark of any straight piped tractor I could recall. The tractor switched owners, not sure if its still around the area or not, haven't seen it in a while.
  11. The three oil galley frost plugs, do they have to be driven in until they bottom out in the block, or just flush? Is it possible that they are there, but are not driven in to the proper depth, and are allowing oil to pass by?
  12. I don't know if this is possible to do, but is something I thought of. The 400 series engines had updated rocker stands to improve oiling to the lifters & camshaft. The 300 series engines didn't have that, but did you by chance add the updated rocker stands anyway, thinking it would help this engine like it would a 400 series? And in doing so, it created a severe oil pressure drop? Again, I don't know if that's even possible to do to a 312/360 engine. Just a thought though.
  13. Okay, are you being given the correct ones? What part number?
  14. 429 & 630 are the two models I can think of
  15. Might sound like a dumb question, but what kind of oil filters are being used on this tractor?
  • Create New...