Jump to content

65806

Members
  • Content Count

    915
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 65806

  1. 90% of Fords sold in the last 10 years are still on the road.... the other 10% made it home.
  2. That red regulator is not the pressure relief valve for the tank itself. the red regulator is there to lower the pressure on the line to your house. the screened vent is there to bleed off pressure on the back side of the regulator diaphragm. The red valve has failed and letting gas on the wrong side of the diaphragm and venting that gas. you can shut off the main tank valve and it will quit venting once the line to your house bleeds down. That will get you safe through the night anyways. good luck
  3. I use my steam cleaner/ pressure washer and I have some 45° and 90° elbows I put on the tip to get all around the sides and underside of top of tank. Blast all that junk out then I put a small 1” hose adapted to the outlet of shop vac to the fill hole of tank and blow air into the tank for a day. It’s always done a good job and it only costs your labor.
  4. 65806

    466 in a Loadstar

    I did a similar swap years ago in my 1850 loadstar but mine was a tilt hood and I had a donor truck for all the parts needed. I will try to get you a few pictures tonight.
  5. 65806

    Knock knock

    I had a John Deere one time had a bad fuel injector that made the motor sound for all the world like it had a rod knocking. might pay to crack all the fuel lines one at a time to see if it quits knocking before you pull it all apart. just a thought. good luck
  6. 65806

    Which will win

    Which one made the noise? did the one with cast wheels slip on the rim and make the noise?
  7. Electric vehicle charging station?
  8. 65806

    Simple question

    Where’s my money?
  9. 65806

    Loadstar newbie

    They made a lighter duty 13 speed that was available in an 1850 loadstar. Almost never see one.
  10. 65806

    What is it?

    You learn the coolest stuff on this site.
  11. Does it have an electric solenoid screwed in the bottom of float bowl? I looks like the part that plugs off the jet if the low oil pressure solenoid trips.
  12. 65806

    Autocar

    I hauled water to drilling rigs in the late 80’s with an autocar. it had thick steel tread plate fenders and butterfly hood. 350 cummins, 13 speed, Hendrickson pad rear suspension. drove it through the worst road conditions imaginable and I never broke anything. tough old truck.
  13. Be careful if you still have your cultivator hooked up. Be best if it creeps down overnight to just unhook it while your figuring out the problem. they can go up or down fast without any warning.
  14. The 806 frame is too long to mount the F11 the way it’s designed to mount to the rear axles. You will need to fab up something to move the loader a good foot forward or it will hit the front of the tractor.
  15. I think they have that extended hood so that there wasn’t so much engine pushed back in to the cab. My 1970 fleet star with a cummins had a big doghouse in the cab. Took up a lot of room. that grill looks to me to be the same as a pay star.
  16. Here is a picture of an accessory drive on a V470 in a versatile 145. not sure if that would give you enough room or if that part could be found for a decent price.
  17. Those gauge circuit boards had issues with solder failing. I’ve had good luck pulling the gauge cluster out, taking the circuit board off and resoldering it. if you look really close at every solder joint on the back of the board you will see one or two pins that look black or have cracked solder. Just hit them with a solder gun and a little bit of new solder. I’ve probably done about 20 like this with good results. good luck
  18. I like Having those Extensions on. Makes it way easier to get off and on the tractor
  19. Most electric tachs have a, power wire, ground wire, and a sensing wire to the negative post on the coil. you might not have 12volt power to your dash causing all your gauge issues.
  20. Thanks for the replies. The dogs name is Pokie. She’s a sweetheart. Whenever I start up anything loud, car, tractor or whatever she runs the 1/4 mile to my house. She a real gear head. The car is a 70 that I bought in 1980. It’s got a narrowed rear end and a 426 hemi with an 8-71 blower. Goes like **** in a strait line, good around corners? not so much.
×
×
  • Create New...