Jump to content

Bd154

Members
  • Content Count

    18
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Bd154

  • Rank
    Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Salmon Arm, BC

Recent Profile Visitors

484 profile views
  1. Good news is the Hydraulics work great and the engines is running awesome. So far I need to find a new spot for the hydraulic filter. it is hard to see in the picture but it is located next to the hydraulic controls. One benefit to this location is it is easy to change. With the lovely loader arms up and out of the way it is a little easier to work on the engine. Here are some pics of the oil leak: the rear seal may be installed wrong or I forgot to install the dollar plate at the end of the camshaft. Item 15 in the diagram Now I am waiting for the snow to disappear so I can position my tractor to lift out the engine again.
  2. So this afternoon I finally bled the fuel lines and chased some fuel leaks. starting to severely dislike the brass fuel fittings and the PO's use of vise grips. After a few battery charges she fired up, we got oil pressure, exhaust looks good, and she sounds really good!!! but..... I noticed a pretty substantial engine oil leak coming from the right rear side of the engine between the flywheel and oil pan. Not sure where that is coming from or what I forgot.....
  3. Fabricated the missing suction pipe - we will see if it will work and not leak Also installed an upgraded hydraulic filter Got her mostly together, still got some wiring to fix and need to update the glowplug system to some new fast glow plugs.
  4. Subscribed, let us know how it works
  5. are they better now?
  6. Had issues getting out the pins from the old crank. nothing a little heat won't do. managed to finally wrestle the flywheel and bellhousing on Engine is finally back in the old girl! Now I just need to find the reverser pump's suction pipe that goes through the bellhousing. Only part that I have seemed to have lost. Crap......
  7. Hello, It has been sometime since I posted, but I figured I would give an update on my project. It has been a long one, constantly delayed due to work, other projects and weather, rebuilding an engine in a open sided shed during the winter is not the most pleasant. loaded onto the trailer when I first got her Last August I pulled the engine on my 1966 IH 500, due to finding camshaft parts lying on the bottom of the oil pan. After pulling the engine I was able to order most parts from Fawcett.ca, including new pistons, camshaft, crank shaft and bearings etc. Then everything sat until a few months ago when I resumed disassembly of the engine Make shift sleeve puller I forgot to take photos during the installation of the internals. new items are: New camshaft, crankshaft, all new bearings, cylinder sleeves, pistons, water pump, rings and one new con rod. Inspected the oil pump and all looked good and to spec. the head was sent to the shop to check checked out and tuned up. I had issues with the new cam bearings during install, they ended up being slightly too small. I had to send it to the shop so they could line bore the bearings. now with some paint
×
×
  • Create New...