FarmerFixEmUp

Just in Case the Weatherman's Right

We are predicted to get 7 to 10" of snow and 20 to 30 MPH winds tonight and tomorrow.

Thought I better dig out the snow blower I haven't used in 2 years. Hope it isn't too cold.

post-328-0-87938200-1454367902_thumb.jpg

post-328-0-92319100-1454368071_thumb.jpg

This should make the politicians leave Iowa for a while!

post-328-0-83056800-1454368284_thumb.jpg

There goes one of them!

Just make sure you leave all that snow there. Okay? Matter of fact, keep the politicians too...nah, that's too harsh.

I would love for the media covering the caucus to get stranded because of the storm. Then some of the media would see what blowing winds do in open areas and white outs really are.

We are predicted to get 7 to 10" of snow and 20 to 30 MPH winds tonight

Sure hope that it doesn't totally screw up their caucuses and attendance therein tonight.

best, randy (formerly of Dickinson Co.)

We are predicted to get 7 to 10" of snow and 20 to 30 MPH winds tonight

Sure hope that it doesn't totally screw up their caucuses and attendance therein tonight.

best, randy (formerly of Dickinson Co.)

The blizzard warning is from 3 AM tomorrow until I believe 4AM Wednesday.

http://www.google.org/publicalerts/alert?aid=920ce8b1401d6150&hl=en&gl=US&source=web

We're looking for 8-12 here with wind gusts to 50mph, really don't even want to look out the window in the morning let alone go out in it but the cattle will think otherwise.

8 to 15 inches and 40+ winds here. Be a good test for the Degelman on the front of the 5488 tomorrow or Wednesday

8 to 15 inches and 40+ winds here. Be a good test for the Degelman on the front of the 5488 tomorrow or Wednesday

I put mine on today too. I live about an hour south of the Nebraska/South Dakota border where the Missouri river hits the line. Had clear skies until about 5 pm, still no snow. Down along I-80 its been snowing most of the day. Still calling for 5-8" & next county 6 miles south of me is in a blizzard warning.

Kinda funny how the general public is buying out the stores. Its like the northern plains has never had a snow storm before!

All we're supposed to get is rain out of this thing. My Arctic Cat hasn't even had a whole tank of gas run thru it yet. :(

Its like the northern plains has never had a snow storm before!

Yeah, we haven't had one this bad in a few years, and everyone thinks the world will stop turning until the storm passes. We weren't in the blizzard warning last night, but they moved it and we are now. Snow just starting to cover the ground now.

We are going to be on the southern edge now with only a couple inches maybe. Not in time to chase the politicians away....

Better luck next time.

Its like the northern plains has never had a snow storm before!

Yeah, we haven't had one this bad in a few years, and everyone thinks the world will stop turning until the storm passes. We weren't in the blizzard warning last night, but they moved it and we are now. Snow just starting to cover the ground now.

Where in Ne....Custer? Been watching NTV through out the day or on smart phone. Thought south of Ord, kinda snowed most of the day. Especially south of interstate and towards North Platte/McCook.

Next door to Custer - Sherman. Radar showed snow, but nothing hit the ground til just before dark.

I got plenty of snow and wind. If Lyle would put the snow blower away it would stop snowing here. 30 mph constant wind 50 mph gusts. McDonald's in lemars never even opened up today. Looks like the wife and I are staying at her fathers house in town tonight so I can be at work at.

It is bad enough that is for sure. Can`t begin to guess how much snow we have had and the wind is insane! Talked to FarmerFixEmUp yesterday afternoon he said he was going home to put his snow blower on. I said ours is already on, put it on earlier in the day, hadn`t had it out yet this year. I sure don`t want to trade either as ours is on the 5288. Not good for the cattle, they wouldn`t even come to the bunks. Fed small squares of grass hay by hand right where they were huddled up. Hope the wind stops so we can start digging everything out tomorrow. Those little squares ain`t gonna cut it for long on a feedlot full of steers. I told the boys this is why we always have a stash of those in the haymow.

Blizzard out there and thunder storms here and 50* temp! Amazing!

Well I'm glad I have the blower on the tractor. I have about a 4' drift all the way across the yard, probably 200'. The wind is still howling out there. I think we probably had 10" or more of snow, just hard to tell when it's piled up. May have to put it on my 1066 or 756 and have a cab.

This is what it looked like out there when I came home this afternoon. About 1/4 mile visibility at that spot.

post-328-0-97004200-1454465737_thumb.jpg

Hard to tell but I'd say a good 16 inches here, we've had snow and we've had wind but I don't remember this much of both at the same time. Tomorrow is gonna be a long day.

Northern edge here in St. Cloud, MN tonight, 1AM & we've maybe gotten 3", but the wind is doing it's job. Won't have to plow much of this one, it's all blown into the low spots.

Completely jealous, 3 snowmobiles in the garage and I'll only get a ride around the yard again.

Oh well, gonna put one on a trailer and head up to the north shore for the annual winter cabin party this weekend at Camp Concentration.