IHC5488

Mending a BROKEN HEART

IHC5488    0

First off, I want to start out saying THANK you to Dennis & Sallie Miesner for allowing my family and I to put this topic on REDPOWER.

Our son Mason, at 18 months old, was diagnosed with a Congenital Heart Defect, called AV (Atrial Ventricular) Canal Defect with a Cleft Mitral Valve. Mason had open heart surgery at the Cleveland Clinic on March 25, 2015 just after his 3rd birthday to repair the 2 holes and the leaking valve.

Our son is 1 out of 100 children who have been affected by a congenital heart defect. Congenital Heart Defects (CHD) are the most common cause of infant death from birth defects.

Last year in 2015, our daughter Madicyn (7), in conjunction with her school (NORWAYNE ELEMENTARY) started raising funds for the American Heart Association by participating in the Jump Rope for Heart Program. By participating in this program students will learn about the importance of the heart, help kids with special hearts and make a difference in people's lives. All funding and donations goes towards help with research, surgeries and educational materials. Madicyn was able to raise over $3,000.00 last year.

Mason's 1 year anniversary is right around the corner. Since his surgery, he has grown 4 inches, his heart his back to normal size(overworked from the 2 holes) and he has 300% more energy.

This year Madicyn is reaching out for support of donations to help the American Heart Association. If you are interested in making an online donation (in which you will receive a donation receipt), please visit http://jumphoops2016gra.kintera.org/mrupp Because of the funds raised at her school, Madicyn was able to help out her brother and other children affected by CHD.

Thank you for reading this post and if you have any questions about making donations please feel free to contact me. All donations must be posted by February 11th.

A mended heart is a special heart!!!

The Rupp Family~ Matt, Melissa, Madicyn & Mason

post-1049-0-98418200-1453945806_thumb.jp

dale560    0

My daughter just brought home the paper for jump rope for heart. She already has 20 dollars pledged she thinks.so good you put this on here it is always good to put people faces with the fundraising efforts. Hope all goes well with your son for years to come.

caseySD    0

My 2 kids have been doing the jump rope thing for a few years now too.

660 driver    0

So glad your son is doing well and god bless!

IHC5488    0

A BIG THANK YOU goes out to Bill Karis (BRADY BOY) from Spokane, Washington for his generous donation today!! My daughter was excited when she seen your name pop up on her personal web page!!!!

THANK YOU BILL!!

The Rupp's

IHC5488    0

My daughter just brought home the paper for jump rope for heart. She already has 20 dollars pledged she thinks.so good you put this on here it is always good to put people faces with the fundraising efforts. Hope all goes well with your son for years to come.

thank you dale,

hopefully his one year check up and we should be in the clear for a while!!

IHC5488    0

My 2 kids have been doing the jump rope thing for a few years now too.

Its a great association(AHA) and GLAD to hear your kids and family are involved!

THANK YOU!

2+2 Guy    0

That's GREAT to hear, Matt. I'm sure it's been really tough on all of you. Hope and pray that he continues to improve. Trust in the Lord.

oldtanker    0

I have a grandson who is a downs kids. He was born with a rare heart defect that only affects downs kids. He had his first open heart surgery at 5 months and then again last year at 8 years old. It's amazing what they can do today! The stress levels on the parents are unbelievable!

We make donations to the St Jude's children's hospital where they performed both surgeries.

I urge all members who have the ability to donate money to a children's hospital, the American Heat Association or children's cancer research if possible.

I very glad that Mason is doing so well!

Rick

clydethe142    0

My 6yr old son participated in jump rope for heart yesterday, I was so proud of him a couple weeks ago when he got off the bus with the packet in his hand and explained to me how he wanted to help the kids who need their hearts fixed. Thanks for sharing your story with us and I'm glad your son got the care he needed is doing well.

new guy    0

Is there an address we could mail a donation to instead of using the credit card on line?

This one hits pretty close to home for me.

IHC5488    0

Is there an address we could mail a donation to instead of using the credit card on line?

I can send you a pm and info from there, I can give it directly to our school. The fundraiser ends on February 11th.

THANK YOU, Matt

Cp 856    0

This post hits home for me my son was one mouth old when we found out he had a hole in his heart he had open heart surgery at 3 mouths old it was a very scary time for us. He is 4 years old now and you would never know he had heart problems now. I always donate to any heart research because 20 years ago my son would have probably not have made it. Thanks to all who donate

IHC5488    0

Chris, got you message this morning, will be sending along some information to later this morning.

Thank you Chris!!

Matt

I did the jump rope for heart as a kid and all four of my kids have done it as well. A great cause. Glad to hear all is well, God is good.

IHC5488    0

Dale, I received the donation you sent us for the American Heart Association, very much appreciated!

Thank you, Matt