mader656

fencing pictures

0614161316a_zpsfrtvwmfe.jpg

Tamping stinks 36 inch by 5 feet

0614161407_zpsrjrmeefo.jpg

Sometimes it pays to run equipment alot, got to run telehandler while the others. Dug and moved 300 lb blocks around.

How come you bored such big holes. I would have lent you a smaller auger!

Arkitect wants 22 inch concrete flinstone wheels under each post. Takes about a hour to fill and tamp each post. If it was me ida filled with gravel, it ramps better.

What kind of arena are you building? Is the soil so unstable that you need a 22" cookie under the posts?

3 minutes ago, BOBSIH856 said:

What kind of arena are you building? Is the soil so unstable that you need a 22" cookie under the posts?

Jurassic Park

It's a horse areana soils very solid it's a 70 foot clear span truss 22 seems excessive, but that's just me, I'm not the engeneeer, I just build it, got a air. Tamper today, it's faster than the skidrill when Tamping yards of dirt. It's a 18 foot sidewall. 

If it was me I'd set them on gravel, and in gravel but I'm not in charge. 

Oh well,

8 hours ago, Art From DeLeon said:

Jurassic Park

70x 160 horse arena

So why are contractors equipment badlt worn at 700 hours?

Jd skid steer smokes like a train at 700 hours

Wanted to take family camping with me this week, I was adamant about leaving a 2 yesterday.... at 6 we finally left... Ugh 2 am to bed still up at five, positive note no tamping today.

Family and leaving when dad wants never works

9 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

Family and leaving when dad wants never works

You got that right.  

0622161550a_zpsdxp7lvcj.jpg

Long day.

9 hours ago, mader656 said:

0622161550a_zpsdxp7lvcj.jpg

Long day.

I bet, looks good tho

FB_IMG_1467286648692_zpsbegy1cbz.jpg

Never by Menards tin, I think it's cheap metal, looks good from a distance, terrible up close.

Good news my 3 weeks in wyoming are done and next week is premium steel siding.

Got my Toyota multi use truck converted to the fire truck .41 inches of rain in 45 days.

0702161155a_zps1fox6kmx.jpg

Found out why the dodge so hot.

0702161305a_zpsiztiyazc.jpg

0702161306_zpsyhee5jlm.jpg

It's really stupid where the blow by comes out right onto the fan on the truck 300,000 and rad was plugged with oil and dust, took a hour to pressure wash out, side note the a.c. is colder now.

Good thing kids clothes wash.

0702161400_zpslmgrraq0.jpg

Thats what I tell the wife too!  

So are you,( were you?) setting rafters one at a time or did you pre string the Perkins so you could set a gang of rafters at once? 

Looks nice!

sid

We built a pair with all the purlins on the ground and set 2 at a time, after all the hangers were installed, 

We had a dang Good crane operator to set them and it was 3500 a set right at max of the crane reach but saved a lot of time and energy working at ground level.

Funny the man lift in the picture barely ran once it got hot, I New immediatly it was refilled with gas as a diesel after a quick sniff test,  they sent out a service man who did not believe that, changed fuel filters and left. While the crane was there it would not run again, horrible timing, and another service guy came out realized I was right, put fresh diesel in it ran, but horrible timing.

0704162000c_HDR_zpszhpetzb3.jpg

Happy independence day.

0706160937_zpscnhad2ju.jpg

12x30 shed, some assembly required.

Heard a media outlet Art might like, dj does a first new and commentary, fair accurate and the d*** truth was reading the story about spead of measles due to employees refusal to get vaccinated among other factors, ap, story said. Right after reading he added these idiots at the ap, pushing a agenda, not mentioning the other factors. (immigrants and disease)  I've listened to this guy some mornings and know that at some point he is going to get worked up and the radio will go silent and the guy will never be heard from again.

Left this morning in time for the 5:30 news so at 5:45 am got home at 8pm, but I got the shed done and I have a satisified customer.

Headed on a short road trip to dallas next week, taking my pickup as a.c. works and it's the most reliable, steering has been loose for a while, I thought it was the steering box was worn out, wrong, it was the spline shaft where the steering wheel shaft connects to the box the bolt was finger tight causing slip right there, free fix, but I'm sure glad I cought it now verses loosing all steering at speed.

received_10208067763305115_zpsds8kkkue.j

I did not take this, yet my pickup im impressed.

All the whining we do about new fangle x and y rigs.  Yet what 1980 truck has OEM 300,000 miles?  I mean my 05 chev had 200k.  Stock 6.0, at, axles, brakes [did at 196k b/c bad caliper],  I can't see my 1991 2500 chev making it there.  Had trans at 125k.  Getting reallllly gutless with 146k on it.  Even options now days....200k miles, pw, pl, cc, a/c etc all stock.

Hope Dallas wasnt muggy......right.