mader656

fencing pictures

That wonderful tempature when snow compacts and turns to ice....makes for a long day broke out the chains....driving is much more sure.... But a pita to put them things on....

Post driver works better than ever must be less friction or something....

1218171346a.jpg

Last post of 2017.... Called for half inch...4 inches later

1220171326.thumb.jpg.0af62cd80d55e6efcb9bd31e7d1954ad.jpg

Just in time two

Saw this on the way home

1220171424.thumb.jpg.f397fc6210607b84985801998f32416a.jpg

Truck and horse trailer slide off...

my camera doesn't like snow pictures

1220171435.jpg

Nice light snow all day, good family time....gathered with friends at the church for dinner... Best part after the new pedal tractor was kids slept in till 9...I woke them...I was too excited....

FB_IMG_1514259275580.jpg

1225170815.jpg

Little pre snow storm prep...that v plow and hydralic rear blade are a winning combo...

1226171337a.jpg

FB_IMG_1514320694046.jpg

Merry Christmas to me, gonna gulp throw a used one at it till spring and replace with the hd packs for 900...

Wish I could skip the used one...but can't eat springs....

1227170954a.jpg

8 hours ago, mader656 said:

Merry Christmas to me, gonna gulp throw a used one at it till spring and replace with the hd packs for 900...

1227170954a.jpg

I have the same thing happening to my left spring, been shedding leafs for almost a year now. Rock auto has the best price on heavy duty springs that I’ve found. Injection pump went on mine last Friday, so Springs are going to have to wait for a little longer. 

1 hour ago, NY1468 said:

I have the same thing happening to my left spring, been shedding leafs for almost a year now. Rock auto has the best price on heavy duty springs that I’ve found. Injection pump went on mine last Friday, so Springs are going to have to wait for a little longer. 

Mine axles wrapped so bad I couldn't put it off threw a used one at it....plus I have to haul water....at 450 gallons it's a little heavy...

Found a hd set of new for 750 delivered....

Mader,

We have the HD springs on all our trucks with airbags. Used to break spring until we started using bags.

Good to know about springs seems no air bag setup works with a gooseneck...but I'm guessing my torch and welder can fix that....

Our bags works with goose neck/5 wheel the best. We just bump the air up a bit. With no trailer we use enough air to keep it off the overloads. One tip, weld the brackets to the frame, bolts will not stay tight.

2 hours ago, Finney said:

Our bags works with goose neck/5 wheel the best. We just bump the air up a bit. With no trailer we use enough air to keep it off the overloads. One tip, weld the brackets to the frame, bolts will not stay tight.

My favorite bolt right there.....

Good fresh powder last night it's windyush now....12 to 14 on the way....

Pushed open a road for the neighbor to feed off of he decided his wheatland dualed loader or n Ford could not cut in the half mile of road very effectively

I really miss my muffler too..

Finally hit zero today....

0101181333b.jpg

Friend whom owns RV dealer said they stick airbag kits on goose neck equiped trucks all the time.  Says it does smooth out ride quite nice and elim sag.  Not sure I think worth the money.  I always feel like a loaded truck should squat a bit.  Filling bags up to level it I figure is pushing wt onto the frt of the truck.  Right?  0...ugh

22 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Friend whom owns RV dealer said they stick airbag kits on goose neck equiped trucks all the time.  Says it does smooth out ride quite nice and elim sag.  Not sure I think worth the money.  I always feel like a loaded truck should squat a bit.  Filling bags up to level it I figure is pushing wt onto the frt of the truck.  Right?  0...ugh

It's hauling water home at 450 gallons or bouncing a cross back country with welder tools and water that breaks stuff I think.... Air bags would help in those situations id go heavier springs but I drive so many miles empty too so hate to lose ride.

I don't think it would put that much more weight on the front...ball only sits 3inches forward of axle center...

12 hours ago, mader656 said:

It's hauling water home at 450 gallons or bouncing a cross back country with welder tools and water that breaks stuff I think.... Air bags would help in those situations id go heavier springs but I drive so many miles empty too so hate to lose ride.

I don't think it would put that much more weight on the front...ball only sits 3inches forward of axle center...

We have airlift springs on our 2500 makes pulling the gooseneck horse trailer a lot nicer. Air up when hauling dump pressure when empty.

Weather today freezing rain then snow interstate travels don't seem to comprehend slowing down especially when there is a accident scene....

FB_IMG_1515608804888.jpg

Finally almost done...hit a rock with chain saw... No file to be found....half hour lift this wire would go up so much faster without the S*** on the the ground and having to shovel it...

0118181330.jpg

14 hours ago, mader656 said:

Finally almost done...hit a rock with chain saw... No file to be found....half hour lift this wire would go up so much faster without the S*** on the the ground and having to shovel it...

0118181330.jpg

No spare chain!? I learned a few years ago to carry 1 or 2 extra chains. Seems like you trash a chain 5 minutes after you start cutting and when your furthest away from the garage.

4 hours ago, BOBSIH856 said:

No spare chain!? I learned a few years ago to carry 1 or 2 extra chains. Seems like you trash a chain 5 minutes after you start cutting and when your furthest away from the garage.

Nope thought I had a file....wrong...

Rained and warm last night. And 6 inches of snowpack don't go together customers drive gains 300 feet in the 1/4 mile chains were needed to get up...to more time to get up the drive than finish....

0119180905.jpg

I needed a press....it worked great....little fast however....

0119181206.jpg

use what you have. I had to used the log splitter on some tires that the old coats machine couldn't break the bead on

On 28/12/2017 at 4:21 AM, mader656 said:

When you have a break that close to the axle we quite often get away with "V"ing them and welding with stainless rod.  I have several on our Landcruised "beater" that have survived quite a while.  Even better if you have enough broken pieces to join them across the centrebolt hole.  But we don't get that cold white stuff which might make a difference to surviving.

4 minutes ago, Ian Beale said:

When you have a break that close to the axle we quite often get away with "V"ing them and welding with stainless rod.  I have several on our Landcruised "beater" that have survived quite a while.  Even better if you have enough broken pieces to join them across the centrebolt hole.  But we don't get that cold white stuff which might make a difference to surviving.

I haul 450 gallon of water 2x a week bad springs would not survive....