mader656

fencing pictures

Have I mentioned I love this little truck....

1026171201.jpg

Looks like quite a full load. Was she all the way down on the axle?

41 minutes ago, 12_Guy said:

Looks like quite a full load. Was she all the way down on the axle?

11 leaves per side, so no had a little left.

Annual Halloween hayride, I think the tractor driver had more gym than the kids riding the parade, saw a couple kids really looking at the tractor I let them crawl up in the cab, the 3 year old asked what everthing was for, I think it was the first time they had been that close to a real tractor.....

I wish I could get a hold of a couple nice barracks for this but, I've never seen them a around here....1031171617.thumb.jpg.3b8fc639dba0f2b170dae044b6b70067.jpg

nice bobbed deuce and a half.for trunk or treat.1031171548.thumb.jpg.96866d0d3a67b9c4f42f1214f08d261c.jpg

I hate winter.... Ugh1103171424.thumb.jpg.e1e442ff69f75943f7bbb56b58e6c194.jpg

Took in 4 ton of iron scrap today...85 a ton, not really worth it but works been slow, can't eat drill stem scraps.....

Put strap around grill guard where it bolts to the bumper bent it forward. Little body work by farmall....I need better tow hooks....

Fixed it well can't hardly tell....

1103171508.jpg

Neighbors had a elk shot illegally of there place this week...saw  a strange truck at my improperly closed and newly bent again gate.... Fixed gate while I cooled down...on the way to church .was classing what he thought was a tresspasser....was but ugh I'm not a huge landowner and am growing to hate hunters.

3 hours ago, mader656 said:

Neighbors had a elk shot illegally of there place this week...saw  a strange truck at my improperly closed and newly bent again gate.... Fixed gate while I cooled down...on the way to church .was classing what he thought was a tresspasser....was but ugh I'm not a huge landowner and am growing to hate hunters.

Sorry to hear this. I told the game warden that they should legalize shooting road hunters and we can solve this matter fairly quickly....

Heck of a driver here...the center of the intersection has 4 cones no room to swing didn't even hit a curb...he seemd gratful I stopped where I did....

Transformer I think?

1110170845.jpg

3 hours ago, mader656 said:

Heck of a driver here...the center of the intersection has 4 cones no room to swing didn't even hit a curb...he seemd gratful I stopped where I did....

Transformer I think?

1110170845.jpg

I bet he was grateful, most of the people on the road crowd big rigs.  looks to be a little bit heavy

What a way to start a day....1113171225.thumb.jpg.a4ff2822784b52c9519df94aa51ff7ad.jpg

Backed up to a fence too.

Real muscle needed 65 vs 45 1113171353.thumb.jpg.cc9bbba2f4db637f3bb1aee12fa94cb5.jpg

Step one on this project Was chain up tractor....sure makes mud manuvering easier, dang good chains, nothing like a project in a foot of manure, pictures did not save....scrapped first... Big machines make that job faster.... Time to pound more tomorrow....

Laughed way to hard at this...Screenshot_2017-11-14-16-44-00.thumb.png.63a977468348ae31852c8e158b0725be.png

Edited to keep bj happy

Clean your corrals your fencer thanks you.....good chains sure help....1114171617.thumb.jpg.247e855566149b8cc7877dc6ac86ee61.jpg

Stomach bug in town oldest has flu... Ugh hope it misses me.

My next project....Little bit of rock

1118171000.jpg

1118171457a.jpg

12 minutes ago, mader656 said:

My next project....Little bit of rock

1118171000.jpg

1118171457a.jpg

Looks like it could have snakes.......count me out

26 minutes ago, bitty said:

Looks like it could have snakes.......count me out

It's cold we've had snow, snakes went back to **** where they belong....

1 minute ago, mader656 said:

It's cold we've had snow, snakes went back to **** where they belong....

Mixture of gasoline and an ignition source to verify that and I would be happy

Ugh another sick kid this stomach bug hits hard and fast...asked wife if we needed the tarp to put down for puke, she said no I guess she get to clean up, as you can tell I ooze compassion....

Funny story im on a Facebook page and a guy asked about roading a tractor 15 miles "experts" are convinced tires will be burnt off in 15 miles.... My response was drive and stop for coffee on the way...

1 minute ago, mader656 said:

Ugh another sick kid this stomach bug hits hard and fast...asked wife if we needed the tarp to put down for puke, she said no I guess she get to clean up, as you can tell I ooze compassion....

Funny story im on a Facebook page and a guy asked about roading a tractor 15 miles "experts" are convinced tires will be burnt off in 15 miles.... My response was drive and stop for coffee on the way...

We often drive that far every hour during all of chopping season two weeks straight. LoL

Must be some junk tires to be shot in 15 miles...  sometimes "experts" amaze me

Is that a shaver post driver? I just dug this one out of the weeds. Hasn't been used since the early 90s. I found out I need to go through the hydraulic cylinder since I took a bath in hydraulic oil, but it works great otherwise!

Pounded these 11'  2 7/8 pipe in with ease.

20171106_160929.jpg

20171108_154205.jpg

Yup its a shaver hd 10 yours looks like a 8 Best the tar out of a auger....way mine is set I can only do 10s but change bolts I could get another foot or so...

The top seal is easy rest hammer on something, unbolt the top of cylinder allow to drop pull the cap off the o ring is 2 dollars or so, leave the top nuts loose on install helps with flex and not breaking the ram....$$$$

For braces I use a metal rod instead of brace wire, tho when welded neither are needed in my opinion.

1 hour ago, mader656 said:

For braces I use a metal rod instead of brace wire, tho when welded neither are needed in my opinion.

I put the wire in there mostly as an insurance policy. This is the first I have ever built pipe braces. I have always used railroad ties in the past but I got a load of pipe for $26 a joint so thought I would give it a shot.

8 minutes ago, ZachGrant said:

I put the wire in there mostly as an insurance policy. This is the first I have ever built pipe braces. I have always used railroad ties in the past but I got a load of pipe for $26 a joint so thought I would give it a shot.

Never rots, you can drive steel in places you never dream of augering.... 26 is a good price. I like to clip the wire to the post a drill stem cut into a c shape 1/2 inch wide works good.... As do commercial clips....

16 hours ago, mader656 said:

I like to clip the wire to the post a drill stem cut into a c shape 1/2 inch wide works good.... As do commercial clips....

I use the good end of rusted off steel posts welded to the pipe post to locate line wires.  

" And have been known to recycle them.  A 5'6" post  (66") will usually give you 44" of good steel.  So halve one of those and weld the good 22" piece on to a 44" and you have a post again.  Welding with WIA 16TC rod seems to stand up to use so far (seems to be what you know as 7016). So 3 old ones produces 2.  If you're being fancy you can angle the end with an abrasive wheel but they seem to drive ok with just the straight cut.

8 hours ago, Ian Beale said:

I use the good end of rusted off steel posts welded to the pipe post to locate line wires.  

" And have been known to recycle them.  A 5'6" post  (66") will usually give you 44" of good steel.  So halve one of those and weld the good 22" piece on to a 44" and you have a post again.  Welding with WIA 16TC rod seems to stand up to use so far (seems to be what you know as 7016). So 3 old ones produces 2.  If you're being fancy you can angle the end with an abrasive wheel but they seem to drive ok with just the straight cut.

Id charge. 5 dollars a completed post to do that....new posts are 3.79 here.... $.36 cents scrap each and make 1.48 a post....