tony in ca.

Started My 806 L.P. restoration

Hi Twostepn2001,

Thanks for the opinion, I agree its what was usually used on those holes in the day.

Yes, Any L.P. shields you can find I can use!

Thanks,

Tony

I think it adds for sure. I've never seen a front mount cultivator around here. Everything was 2/3pt it seems in this neck of the woods.

They were belly mounted right TOny? then the holder there were braces correct?

They were belly mounted right TOny? then the holder there were braces correct?

They mounted to a mount on side rails and this bracket anchored the support brace. 60& 06-56 series

On a SM or SMTA ,hundred series, cultivator mounted to front bolster and braces anchored to a bracket behind grill using the two holes in grille.

Tony

Tony - You wanted opinions so here goes. I personally would not have put those on the 1456. Agree, the holes are there but those same castings and tin work were used on the smaller large frames tractors. the 1456 front mount cultivator around here would have been an 8 row wide or 12 row 30. Those were mounted to the front weight bracket holes and folded forward for transport. All the holes in the tin work were plugged and painted white from the factory and only removed from the smaller tractors to accommodate the smaller cultivators.

Your tractor, your money, just my 2 cents - jerry

Yes, I wrestled with that ,That's why I asked for opinion.

Thanks , appreciate it , the jury is still out whether Ill leave them or not.

Tony

Don't leave them on too long or it maybe to late already. Might do damage to the panel then you will have to repainted it. On my 1026 GD I got stainless plugs for those holes. Looks kinda sharp, imho!

Jerry

That's what I was Thinking.

Tony

Well, interesting jerry. But Tony would you had a 4 to 6 row mounted to the frame/belly of a 1456 in 1971? Just curious. Looks nice either way, but if it may wreak the white....it will take 3 years to repaint them at you n Bob's pace!!

Hey! Longfarms 826 pics in this forum have a belly cultivator mounted! Is that what youd had?

In Seventy our area would of still been at Six x38" rows largest.

Tony

At RPRU Sedalia last year I came across a old #200 fast hitch blade a Vendor had for sale . Was old faded yellow and just like the one I had used for years with the 300U to knock in irrigation ditches at end of cotton fields so we could get through with cultivators & spray Rigs.

This blade had basically no wear to it and frame was straight .

He made me a deal that I could not refuse.

It arrived on a pallet last July.

Took it apart to paint found the pivot bushings & bearing bad, I think damaged in transit from folding it in to much to fit on skinny pallet, so machined a new bearing and bushings on shaft & remade the pedestal .

Powder coated it I.H. yellow & the cutting blade, powder coat black.

Had to have the decals made. Will apply them here shortly.

Pictures of it just finished and first hook up to the 300U today.

Tony

Got the decals on today! Was all happy till I saw now that I missed the Allied decal on the side prong. lol

Tony

post-8888-0-65918100-1459915668_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-31048800-1459915694_thumb.jp

Well, interesting jerry. But Tony would you had a 4 to 6 row mounted to the frame/belly of a 1456 in 1971? Just curious. Looks nice either way, but if it may wreak the white....it will take 3 years to repaint them at you n Bob's pace!!

Hey! Longfarms 826 pics in this forum have a belly cultivator mounted! Is that what youd had?

Troy , At our age years go by faster ,so, in our world the three years of your young world are like 12 months in geriatric world ! :lol:

Tony

Tony, the blade sure does look good. That "equipment yellow" really sets it off. But I noticed it doesn't have blade tilt. Back when it was new would that have been a lower priced version?

Looks really nice Tony. I have never seen one with all the decals. Mine has a few of the original decals but not that many. I wonder if the decals ever changed through the production with more, less, different? I looked around for some sales literature on the blade or a manual for pics and never had much luck. I assume these were original decals but we all know what happens when we assume to much...

046899CE-A0E6-4B90-8E8F-2F3644E9872E_zps

E513209B-9B19-4172-81FA-31DF3BD87832_zps

Tony, the blade sure does look good. That "equipment yellow" really sets it off. But I noticed it doesn't have blade tilt. Back when it was new would that have been a lower priced version?

On our #200 blade the tilt consisted of a replacement two point link that had many hole in it. (Note the left two point lift arm on tractor)

We had it permanently on our 560.

This blade when I bought it had hydraulic angle & the solid bar. I chose to use solid bar because that was how ours was. But I have the I.H. hydraulic Cylinder here.

I do not have the notched hitch replacement link.

post-8888-0-60172400-1459945836_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-74625600-1459945865_thumb.jp

Looks really nice Tony. I have never seen one with all the decals. Mine has a few of the original decals but not that many. I wonder if the decals ever changed through the production with more, less, different? I looked around for some sales literature on the blade or a manual for pics and never had much luck. I assume these were original decals but we all know what happens when we assume to much...

046899CE-A0E6-4B90-8E8F-2F3644E9872E_zps

E513209B-9B19-4172-81FA-31DF3BD87832_zps

Our original was like yours but I remember it had just "#200" on it in black letters. no red background.

I have pictures of My "New" blade as it was when I purchased it . It did not have a number on it but being the one in set up manual had it, I included it to identify curiosity when people look at shows.

So ,it has one extra decal possibly. BTW. The Allied decal I referred to on picture post was our dealer applied sticker they put on all sold equipment.

Tony

post-8888-0-04184200-1459946358_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-99304400-1459946397_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-06634500-1459946432_thumb.jp

As I received it from Sedalia

post-8888-0-94878100-1459946544_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-53333200-1459946573_thumb.jp

Tear down for restoration

If you enlarge pic . you can make out old decals.

Tony

post-8888-0-33493300-1459946729_thumb.jp

I wasn't questioning originality at all just whether or not there were possibly different decal sets through the years. Your pictures look as if the decals on our two blades were identical at one time. I like the way you add your period correct dealer decal to your stuff.

Thanks, Todd

Todd,

Did not think you questioning! Being you have one I was trying to give you and others all my research that I did.

Because over the years there have been a question here and there about these old blades and very little information.

I was lucky to still have our old operator/set-up brochure.

Enjoy sharing how I arrive at certain decisions on these old I.H.'s & learning from others . Heaven knows I have learned so much from all on this forum.

I had decals made here locally so they are more bold it appears then originals.

Tony

Todd,

Did not think you questioning! Being you have one I was trying to give you and others all my research that I did.

Because over the years there have been a question here and there about these old blades and very little information.

I was lucky to still have our old operator/set-up brochure.

Enjoy sharing how I arrive at certain decisions on these old I.H.'s & learning from others . Heaven knows I have learned so much from all on this forum.

I had decals made here locally so they are more bold it appears then originals.

Tony

I'm sure your paint/powder coat will last much longer than original also and that is a good thing. I appreciate your pics showing the setup brochure also. Pics and write-ups like yours are why I like it here. Unfortunately I didn't grow up using these machines and have to rely on the knowledge of others to learn for myself. Thanks again!

Todd ,

Its interest from you younger fellas that keep us old guys trying to remember how this old equipment worked or looked.

Posting it here ,hopefully , will help preserve even when I am gone. lol.

Tony

The IH dealer I worked at ('70- '73), had IH white colored blades & International across the back in Lettering & I don't recall the Large IH decal location. My memory goes into "Old Timer Mode" at times ....

Does anyone know if the 200 FH blade (like the above one, Tony's) was available with small FH points? I like that style of blade.

PWR

Todd ,

Its interest from you younger fellas that keep us old guys trying to remember how this old equipment worked or looked.

Posting it here ,hopefully , will help preserve even when I am gone. lol.

Tony

Just don't get in too big a hurry for that part just yet. I'm a slow learner :)

The IH dealer I worked at ('70- '73), had IH white colored blades & International across the back in Lettering & I don't recall the Large IH decal location. My memory goes into "Old Timer Mode" at times ....

Does anyone know if the 200 FH blade (like the above one, Tony's) was available with small FH points? I like that style of blade.

PWR

Rainman882,

Give me some time to look through some of my old sales books of the sixties & seventies.

Yes there were white ones, yellow, & red but I don't know the particulars.

Tony